June 2011 Moms

shettles method for conception!!

ok has anyone tried the shettles method for conceiving a specific gender? didnit work?  i have been thinking of trying it to conceive a boy! if i dont get pregnant the first few months we will just do whatever, but i would love to have a little man soni figured its worth a shot.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: shettles method for conception!!

• I am thinking of doing the same thing when we start TTC again. I would love a little boy. I don't know of anyone who has tried it so I'm not sure if it works and even then how would you know that it was because it worked and not just that you were going to have a boy anyway.
  • We used it, I am not sure if it worked or not because I miscarried. I am not sure if we will try it again when we TTC again. It's not a guarantee, but I figure it can't hurt. I also modified my diet too - ate a lot of bananas, white bread and avoided yogurts/cheese/nuts. I can't remember what else but it has to do with the alkaline levels in your body.

And we would be happy with another girl too of course, but we are hoping to have one of each.

July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Loading the player...
  • We haven't tried this, and from what I've heard it's not a really reliable method. Just a word to the wise, since I know that the June board is a lot nicer then some of the other ones.... do not ask this on the TTGP board! They will eat you alive :-)
  • imageJavaVino910:
    We haven't tried this, and from what I've heard it's not a really reliable method. Just a word to the wise, since I know that the June board is a lot nicer then some of the other ones.... do not ask this on the TTGP board! They will eat you alive :-)

Agreed. Be careful where you post this question! It got asked on one of the Tri Boards a week or so ago and it wasn't pretty!

I've heard that female sperm last longer in your system, but are slower to reach the egg. So, in order to have better chances of having a girl, you should have sex 3 or so days before you O or a few days after you O.

It also says that boy sperm are faster but die quicker, so you should try to have sex on the actual day that you O.

I have no idea if this method is accurate or not for our family (b/c we weren't trying for a specific gender). My cycles are usually 30-32 days, and we had sex both times around peak ovulation. We are having two girls and couldn't be happier! (Not that a son wouldn't have been great, just saying that we love what we got dealt!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • When it comes to pregnancy i really dont think any theories can be 100 reliable. i think the theory behind he shettles method has some value scientifically, but i also think ovulation isnt always exact as ppl think it is. i was just curious ppls thoughts.

To me, if anyone tries it, there mind sey cant be disappointed if it doesnt work. but, it also cant hurt to try i suppose. i am not TTC, i am waiting a couple more months i think.
  • My sister-in-law and both of her friends tried the Shettles method, and they were all successful on getting the gender that they were hoping for (girl, girl, and boy).  However, if you were looking at the Shettles method for my pregnancy, I should have had a boy lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    September Siggy Challenge- You had one job

BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"