Two Under 2
Options

Room Sharing

Our girls are going to be sharing a room when DD2 is about 6  months. Does anyone have any advice on how to transition her? DD1 is 16 months and still doesn't always sttn, I am hoping that by the time we decide to transition dd2 she will. For those of you that have done this before did lo#2 wake #1 up if they woke up in the motn?  Please if you have done this before share how you did it.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Room Sharing

• Options

I moved my two together when my youngest was 3 months old and my oldest was 15 months old. I was nervous that they would wake each other up, but by responding quickly when one woke, they almost never did. We even did some CIO in the middle of the night with my youngest when she was 13 months old and my oldest never joined in (woke up, but basically rolled over and ignored it). It was a pretty smooth transition and we had very few issues, so few I don't remember any specific problems we had.

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Mine share.  We moved DD2 in at 6 months old (DD1 was a little over 2 yrs).  DD2 goes to bed about 1.5 hours earlier than DD1 which is nice because, I don't have to try and get both kids ready and to bed at the same time and we get some alone time with DD1 .  DD2 sleeps hard so DD1 and I can still go in their room and read stories after she is asleep. 

If one of them wakes in the middle of the night it doesn't wake the other, but if it is close to when we usually wake up for the day they will occasionally wake the other.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagembgreenwalt:

Mine share.  We moved DD2 in at 6 months old (DD1 was a little over 2 yrs).  DD2 goes to bed about 1.5 hours earlier than DD1 which is nice because, I don't have to try and get both kids ready and to bed at the same time and we get some alone time with DD1 .  DD2 sleeps hard so DD1 and I can still go in their room and read stories after she is asleep. 

If one of them wakes in the middle of the night it doesn't wake the other, but if it is close to when we usually wake up for the day they will occasionally wake the other.

We were similar - we moved DD in with DS when she was 6 months old and DS was 22mo old.  DD would go to bed 30-45 min before DS until she was almost a year old, so we would put her down first, then do DS's bath and read books, etc.  After she was a year old, we started doing everything together - bath, get pjs on, read books, put them down.  They would chat, sing, laugh together, but eventually go to sleep.  They didn't often wake each other in the middle of the night, but around wake up time they did.  

We moved when DD was just under a year old, and kept the kids together since they liked it so much, even though we had extra room.  We moved DD out when we moved DS to his big boy bed (he just turned 3, DD was 1yr 9months).  I didn't want DS roaming around the room bothering her (or teaching her to climb out of her crib).  

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My DD and DS will start sharing a room when she is close to 4 years old and he is about 1 1/2.  I don't have any advise but I hope it goes well for both of us!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"