June 2011 Moms
Options

Where are you spending Xmas morning?

We will be at my moms house along with my ILs! 18 people in all, sleeping over my mom's...... this might be interesting!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where are you spending Xmas morning?

• Options

imagemum2monkees:
    We will be at my moms house along with my ILs! 18 people in all, sleeping over my mom's...... this might be interesting!

Oh wow!  I think you're probably right about it being interesting lol!

Most of our family live in the same town, so we will wake up and let DD open gifts at home and then we start the "tour of families" meaning we go to my mom's, my dad's, DH's mom, my grandparents.  We usually crash when we finally get home that night.

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We will spend it at home with my parents and possibly my sister BIL and niece.  My parents live locally so they come over early, my sister and her family live in MD and are planning on coming up to our house to visit for a few days.  If everyone is here (and our au pair has his boyfriend here) then we will have 14 here for Christmas Morning. 

My IL's live an hour and 15 minutes away so after we open presents, eat breakfast and chat me, DH and the kids take a drive down to have "Christmas Dinner" at their house.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Home :) It's been such fun to start new traditions with our kids. DH's mom and family lives in Boston area and my parents are deceased. On Christmas Eve we go to mass and then have the 7 fish dinner with my family at my sister's house (which was my parents house). Christmas morning is home and after breakfast and DD's nap, we will head to my brother and SILs house to have dinner and more present exchanges.
  • Options
    Our house with just us 3 early then going to the ILs for the afternoon and dinner.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    At home, just the 3 of us. We do Christmas Eve dinner and gifts with my family the night before and then Christmas Day dinner and gifts with DH's family later on Christmas. Both our families are local which is great but I like that Christmas morning is just us.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options

Home!

I never got to spend Christmas morning in my own home growing up (we were always in another state visiting family). It was really hard for Christmas to feel "normal" once my grandparents died and we tried having Christmas at my mom's house. It was just lonely and unfamiliar because we had never been there before! I know Christmas has to change, but I want more of a normal tradition for my girls than spending it here and there every year.

So, we told both families that once we got married, we were having our own Christmas morning at our house. We light a fire, DH always cooks a big breakfast, lay around in pj's, then we get ready to go to my mom's. It's pretty awesome. Big Smile

This year we are having a baby the week before, so I don't know how things will go yet. We are planning on being the 4 of us here in the morning, then if I'm up to it, going to my mom's. We normally all spend the night at my mom's on Christmas, but I don't think that will be happening this year since I'll still be recovering. Otherwise, it's a super fun tradition to have my big family playing card games, drinking wine, staying up late watching movies, and crashing all over the house together! Looking forward to next year!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Home :) Then we'll make the grandparent rounds later in the day.
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Home with the 3 of us.  My parents and in-laws live out of state, and we don't think anyone is coming here this year.  I am looking forward to a relaxing Christmas with the 3 of us (we will Skype with family during the day).
    Pinterest
    My Blog- Life With a Toddler
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#2 12/2/12 EDD 8/26/13; No heartbeat at 6w6d on 1/4/13; D&C 1/5/13
    My Ovulation Chart
    PgAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • Options
    Hubs and I used to spend the night at my parents on Christmas Eve but now that we have DD, they come to our house early to open gifts with us. I am an only Child. After that we go to DH's family's and open gifts later with them.
  • Options
    At home with the three of us.  My little bro and gf arrive the 26th to stay till new years.  So we'll have a nice calm am opening gifts than head over to my parents for more gifts (my older bro and fam are staying at my moms this year). 

photo a1c2c501-51d6-4155-bc5d-e15072d2426d_zps1135e754.jpg 

**Siggy Challenge What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives**

• Options
    We will be at IL's this year.  I wish we lived close enough to family to stay at our own house so we could have the morning to ourselves but still spend part of Christmas with them but we don't.  
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options
    imagekayjay10:

imagemum2monkees:

Oh wow!  I think you're probably right about it being interesting lol!

Most of our family live in the same town, so we will wake up and let DD open gifts at home and then we start the "tour of families" meaning we go to my mom's, my dad's, DH's mom, my grandparents.  We usually crash when we finally get home that night.

This

• Options
    We'll be at our house. we go to dh's mom's on christmas eve (this used to mean we got home after midnight, but i've been working on pushing back). We used to do church and my mom's on christmas day, but when I mentioned to my mom that we were going to celebrate christmas (with dd's toys) on sunday because Christmas is so busy, she decided to celebrate on Sunday instead. My mom rocks. Now we will get to celebrate at our house without an over tired dd!
    DD: June 2011    DS: September 2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

At home.  

Our clinic is closed but this year we have to go in to take care of dogs and such.  We would be at someone else's house if they didn't live 4 hours and 12 hours away! :(

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Home :D Hopefully in OUR house (currently living with the IL's). We may have my mom come down and stay with us since she will be alone otherwise :(
    DSC_0213 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We'll be home in our house.  We'll open gifts with DD, then relax and we tell our parents they can arrive around 12.  Last year my mom had a fit about not coming over in the morning, but it's not happening.  That is our time to be a family.  She also commented that "she wasn't missing it next year."  So it may be another battle.  DH and I have already talked about it and let his parents know that we are doing the same thing this year.
  • Options

imageM&M227:
    We'll be home in our house.  We'll open gifts with DD, then relax and we tell our parents they can arrive around 12.  Last year my mom had a fit about not coming over in the morning, but it's not happening.  That is our time to be a family.  She also commented that "she wasn't missing it next year."  So it may be another battle.  DH and I have already talked about it and let his parents know that we are doing the same thing this year.

My MIL said the same thing. Since when do grandparents think they have all the rights and privileges as parents? I need to remember these comments when I become a grandma! The thing that really kills me about MIL saying this, is that DH said his grandparents NEVER spent Christmas Eve nor Christmas morning with them growing up. Where the heck does she get that she "deserves" to be there on xmas morning then?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    At our house! My SIL and her boyfriend get in from Denver on 12/21; my IL's arrive on 12/23; my parents are local so they will join us Christmas morning.  My brother and other SIL will join us that afternoon after they visit with her family and we all eat together around 4pm.  I can't wait!
    The Blog - Parenting: Uncensored

Photos from Libby Hilf Photography

imageimage

Jake - 1.15.08
    Liam - 5.17.11
  • Options
    We'll start at our house, just the 3 of us. Then we'll head to my ILs' house and then head to my aunts where my big family will be. It's a fun hectic day.
  • Options
    We will have the 3 of us for xmas morning to ourselves.  Then somehow we got snookered into having xmas since we had the baby.  So we will have all of the parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins and great grandma.  CHAOS!!!!
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    I'm not even sure yet if DH is off Christmas Eve or not...haven't done the math yet but I think the odds are not on our side.  It will just be a quiet morning at home - Mom might come over if the 'warden' allows it and I'm sure at some point we'll venture over to DH's aunt's house for dinner.  Even though the circumstances are not at all new, I am finding myself really sad today thinking about it.
  • Options
    We'll wake up and go to the ILs. We generally spend Christmas day there. We haven't decide if we're getting A "official" presents or not yet.  But either way, we'll probably wake up and do a little family Christmas (if DH and I even get each other anything, lol) and then head their way.
  • Options
    We always spend the night at my mom's and do Christmas morning with them. Occasionally my grandparents are there, too they trade off between us and my aunt. As my mom is moving to Kansas City next week, we'll be traveling there this year.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"