June 2011 Moms
Options

Been missing and miserable

I haven't been around in a while, probably not since the beginning of October. I have been having a really hard time with this pregnancy. When I was pregnant with Em, I never felt sick, never threw up, and really wasn't too tired at all in the first trimester.  This time around is the complete oppositve. I am sick all of the time. I teacher physical education and walk out of classes regularly to go throw up. I am always tired and have been crying nonstop over everything. I know that this is normal for people, but I just wasn't ready for it since my last pregnancy was so easy. Needless to say, once I go to work, pick Em up and play with her, feed her, bathe her, etc. I don't feel up to coming on the computer. I am in study hall right now and am all caught up with everything since our second term started yesterday, so I just wanted to get on here and say hi to everyone and vent a bit, sorry.  I hope all is well with everyone. Oh, Em is doing great but sooooo attached to me. I get scared everyday that she is going to think I hate her when I can't pick her up and play with her as crazy and now when I am super pregnant. What did you girls do?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Been missing and miserable

• Options

So sorry you feel so bad. This is one of the reasons I can't decide if we want another.  I can not imagine dealing with B and being sick.  I hope the second trimester is better for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm sorry you're having such a rough go this time around. I'm really afraid that since I had such an easy first pregnancy, that my second will be much more difficult. Maybe you will have a more enjoyable time when you progress a bit further? Don't worry about Em hating you! It will be an adjustment period for her, but she won't ever hate you for this! 
    sam & arlo 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so sorry that you are having a rough time. Being that sick can quickly take it's toll. I hope that you are only a few weeks away from feeling better. I wasn't nearly as sick as you- just nausea. But.... around 12 or 13 weeks I started feeling back to my normal self. My DD is sooo attached to me and a Momma's girl. I understand your worry. I just keep telling myself that I'm giving her a gift of a sibling and that it will be good for her.

I hope you can take some time over the weekend to relax and take care of yourself!

• Options

I had a really rough 1st trimester with Alexis, I was absolutely useless. I was tired all the time, and sick when I was awake. If I ate anything I felt better for a whole 2 seconds after then was sick as a dog again. I found eating freezies (I think they are called ice pops in the US) made me feel better. A few weeks into the second trimester things started to get better. I had more energy was not nearly as sick as before, things didn't seem nearly as bad as the 1st trimester.

Hopefully you start feeling better soon, and don't worry about your LO you will find just as much fun things to do and your LO will also be developing new skills and want to learn new games as time passes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options

I'm really sorry. I hope you start feeling better soon. DS is really attached lately. He's always been clingy but he's been super clingy lately. It used to bother me but I just remind myself that this won't last forever and to cherish it now.

I had an easy pregnancy too (birth too) but DS had colic for the first 6 months of his life. That is why I don't want another baby.

• Options

I hope your sickness ends soon!  It was always around that 12 week point that things were better for me.

Don't worry about not being able to pick up your LO.  For me it was just the last 2 months that was really exhausting.  I know I avoided picking DD up sometimes, but I'm sure she didn't notice.  Your LO will be even older and running around/doing things for herself so I bet she won't notice either.

• Options
    I'm sorry you are having such a hard time :( My pregnancy with Lexi was really easy too, hearing your story makes me a little afraid of the next time I get pregnant : / but hopefully it'll pass once you get farther along.
  • Options

I'm so sorry that you are feeling so sick. I had an awful pregnancy, and I can't even imagine how I would have survived it with a child.

Here are somethings that helped me.

1. Those motion sickness bracelets that push a pressure point. They sometimes helped take the edge off, and I give them a lot of credit for preventing me from puking in front of my students.

2. Ginger. It is awesome. Candied ginger was the best. It is really easy to make, and someone should look up a recipe and make some for you. You can also make ginger-infused tea. Put a little grated ginger in a cup of hot water with some honey. It helped me a lot.

I really hope you feel better soon. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"