Minnesota Babies

Free Doula Services Through Dec. 2012

Hello Minnesoat mothers-to-be! My name is Gina McNally and I am a Birth Doula student. I am working toward, and have almost completed my certification through Childbirth International. Part of my certification requires me to provide Birth Doula services to women prior to being certified, and I am currently providing services to women throughout the Twin Cities Metro area free of charge! I currently have full availability for women expected to give birth in the month of December, 2012. Women due in the months soon after may still be able to aquire my services depending on my schedule (please contact me to discuss later availablitiy).

What Is A Doula?

The word ?Doula? comes from an ancient Greek word meaning ?woman who serves?. Today, doulas do not perform medical tasks, but instead provide women with physical & emotional support before, during, and after labor.

What Does A Doula Do?

Examples Include:

Prenatal Support

?        Provides information involving pregnancy & birth to prepare you for what is to come

?        Helps you create a personalized birth plan

?        Teaches you & your partner coping mechanisms for labor & birth such as pain relieving & relaxation techniques

Labor & Birth Support

?        Helps mom to stay calm & relaxed by using breathing and visualization techniques

?        Helps mom to cope with labor pains using different pain reliving techniques.

?        Advocates for your birth wishes

?        Stays to ensure mom and baby are both doing ok post-birth and assist with breastfeeding (if desired).

Postpartum Support

?     Helps with any breastfeeding issues.

?     Helps answer any newborn questions.

?     Provides Baby Blues & Postpartum Depression support

Benefits to having a Doula

?        50% reduction in the cesarean rate

?        25% shorter labor

?        60% reduction in epidural requests

?        40% reduction in pitocin use

?        30% reduction in analgesia use

?        40% reduction in forceps delivery

?        Mothers report greater satisfaction with their birth experience.

?        Less postpartum depression.

?        Babies have shorter hospital stays with fewer admissions to special care nurseries.

?        Babies breastfeed more easily.

If you would like more information, please contact me by either e-mail or phone. Please include your name, contact info, & estimated due date in any messages.

Phone: (651) 890-9613                                          

E-mail: ginaleigh.doula@hotmail.com

-->

Re: Free Doula Services Through Dec. 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"