VBAC
Options

VBAC after Breech c/s?

I ended up with a c/s for breech twins 1.5 years ago.  My water broke, mild contractions started and progressed fairly quickly, and they did the c/s right away because they were both breech.  I was never checked for dilation, effacement, ect.  From water breaking to c/s it was around 5 hours.

Since I never actually labored, I was curious if my body will act like a first time delivery or if it will "know" what to do and progress more like a second time.  I asked my OB and she said that likely my body will think this is the first time.  Just curious what others have experienced in similar situations.

Any similar VBAC stories regarding timing of second delivery after "planned" c/s on the first? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: VBAC after Breech c/s?

• Options

Mine was. My first was a planned breach c-section and I had a successful VBAC

Here is my long birth story if you want to read it

https://www.adventuresinmommyhood.net/2011/07/my-vbac-birth-story-and-pictures.html

• Options

I honestly don't know the answer to this, but I was discussing this very topic with my Hypnobabies instructor and she said that even though I didn't deliver vaginally that my uterus should still know it's the 2nd time around and have more efficient contractions like a STM.  She said that pushing might be similar to a FTM since that does depend on baby actually passing through the birth canal, stretching the perineum, etc. 

Now, I was in labor for a long time and stalled out at 8cm so I'm not sure if that will mean that the answer is different for you, but I just got the impression from our conversation that the length of time you were in labor didn't really have much to do with your uterus "remembering" what to do.  

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it will be like your first delivery. My DD was scheduled c/s for breech. My DS was a VBAC. I had a long and late labor, but a rapid delivery. I only had 2 pushes before he came out.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP May 2017. 
    BFP July 2014. Low Progesterone. DS born by repeat c-section for breech presentation.
    BFP November 2011 TWINS!!!. Lost a twin at 7 weeks. DS born VBAC.
    BFP July 2009. DD born via c/section for breech presentation.
    BFP Jan. 2009. Missed miscarriage at 9 weeks.D&C March 2010
    December 2009 - Diagnosed with bicornuate uterus.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"