December 2011 Moms
Options

Sleep Issues

Ok, I'm at the end of my rope.  Between DH, DD and the dog, I'm up at LEAST 4x/night.

DH is having issues with his back, he's uncomforatable and cannot sleep.  So he tosses and turns, which wakes the dog up who then whines until I let him out.

Josephine has not slept right since she had croup.  She is up at least once every night for 30 minutes or more, and for whatever reason, once she wakes up and does the CIO deal, I'm up.  I can't go back to sleep for an average of 1-2 hrs, meaning I lose quite a bit of sleep.  We did CIO with her before, it took 3 days, and that was that, we were getting 10-11 hrs.  Now, it isn't working at all, not only is she waking up to twice/night, she's up between 4:30 and 5 am every day.  I'm up at 4 am every day because I leave for work at 6.  But her getting up that early makes it nearly impossible for me to get ready and get into work on time. 

I want to pick her up and put her in bed with us, I was a product of co-sleeping and I am just fine.  DH is not on board.  He says well if we let her sleep with us, when will we have "alone" time.  Which is valid.  I get it, but honestly I'm rarely in the mood for it at all anymore because I'm so damn tired. 

I guess I'm just looking for advice or help or something, because I can't keep on like this.  The only thing that got me through the first few months was believing that by the time she was 1 I'd be sleeping again.  -- She didn't use to be a horrible sleeper, she (since 4 mos) has given us 8 hrs regularly.  But ever since she got sick, she has been the WORST (giving us just one night sleeping through) sleeper. 

Any advice? HELP!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Sleep Issues

• Options

I'm sorry you're going through that!  Do you have a guest room that you or your husband could sleep in until his back is feeling better?  Maybe you could sleep in there with the dog so that he wouldn't wake up and want to go out.  We've had to do that a few times lately because my husband had a really bad cold and wasn't sleeping well.  

Also, just wanted to say you're not alone with the sleeping through the night thing. I think everything is a phase...  my daughter will go through a good sleep month (for us, that's waking up only once a night) and then have a bad one, and unfortunately I can't figure out what helps and what hurts.  So maybe this is just temporary and she'll sort it out on her own in a few weeks.  That's what I keep telling myself, anyway. :)   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DS has never been a good sleeper, but lately it's really bad. I want to cry. Last night he woke up every 2 hours, it's like having a newborn all over again. He only goes back to sleep if I nurse him. 

Starting on Wednesday night, we'll try to wean him off of night feedings. MH will get up when he cries at night and hold him until he hopefully falls asleep again. If I would go, he would expect milk, so our hope is that this way he realizes that there is nothing to wake up for and STTN.

I hope it gets better for both of us soon! 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh thank you ladies!!! it is SO comforting to know I'm not alone. 

I think I am going to ship hubby to the spare room... the dog and I will stay in our room. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

Same story here.

We had some great nights since we started/returned to putting her to sleep on our bed and keeping her all night but the past few days have been brutal. She wakes up every 2 hours from midnight on looking for boobies.

We are going to make her a floor bed in our room and see it makes any difference to have her a bit away from me!

This morning I told her she'd better show me a tooth! Nope, no new teeth. Lots of teething but no 3rd tooth.

I am tired but managing well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"