C-sections
Options

Pain having sex

I had an emergency C-section after pushing for 2 hours and the baby wouldn't pass through my pelvis.  I had an easy recovery and have felt good otherwise.  I am 11 weeks PP and last week we had sex and it hurt like hell.  We tried once before around 8 weeks and it hurt so much we had to stop.  I know we need more lube becuase I am breast feeding and things are drier down there according to my Dr.  

So why am I having pain if I didn't push a baby out of my vagina? 

Re: Pain having sex

• Options
    According to my OB it is all due to hormones. I had the same problem with DS#1.  Good Luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hormones mostly from BFing. Sex didn't feel good for me until close to 8 months PP. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hormones and you did push for 2 hours so things did get swollen. Also it has been awhile! Go easy and try again. It does get better. I cried the first time after DD was born and sort of dread this time around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

high Estrogen levels due to BF. Sucks, huh?

It was super painful for me even with lube, it has only gotten better within the last month. We have sex pretty infrequently because it has just been awful. I am still BF and have no desire, either.

So basically, it sucks, but you aren't alone!

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options
    I had the same problem. It has to do with low estrogen levels due to breastfeeding. Finally, at 12 weeks PP, I called the doctor and got prescribed some estrogen cream that made all the difference!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"