Georgia Babies
Options

Kid kitchens

Looking to get a little kid kitchen for Adelaide for Xmas.  I don't want anything that looks really cheap or a lot of plastic.  Something nice, generic enough for both kids, and sturdy.  Hit me with what you've got.

Laura

photos by Jody Lynn Photography

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Kid kitchens

• Options

We have the IKEA kitchen and love it. I made a little curtain for the open space behind to dress it up a bit.  https://www.flickr.com/photos/mingaling/5854501575/

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options

We have this Melissa and Doug kitchen for the boys.  https://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Classic-Deluxe-Kitchen/dp/B000GYUYC4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1352929170&sr=8-3&keywords=melissa+and+doug+kitchen

I found it brand new on Craigslist a few years ago for half the price.  The boys still play with it now and love it!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a red retro kidcraft and it has held up surprisingly well. I got a deal on it otherwise we would have done the ikea one. Definitely do the ikea pots and pans they are metal and the kids love them more than the plastic ones. Wait till after Christmas to get lots of Melissa and Doug food sets on clearance. These are good to save and pull out later for something new.

• Options
    We have a KidKraft one.  Seems like the sets now are constructed a bit better.  The best thing about it, is if a part gets broken or stripped, they send a new one for free!!!
  • Options
    Love the Hape kitchen.
  • Options
    i got the vintage style kidkraft one last year and we love it! it has held up well and doesn't look like a disposable plastic toy. i scored it off of craigslist last year before xmas (with wooden food and metal ikea pots) for a steal - this time of year a lot of folks are clearing out last year's big gift for this year's big one and you can find some great deals on very gently used kitchens (some even never used).
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We have the Ikea one and C loves it and plays with it everyday.  We have it adjacent to the end of our own cabinets so don't have enough room for the microwave hutch but he doesn't seem to mind.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"