Military Families

Quantico MCB Housing?

My husband is going to be at TBS in Quantico starting in April and our sweet little baby is due towards the middle of May.  We are hopefully going to move at the end of March/ first of April and I was looking at apartments in the area and was surprised to see that a lot of them do not allow big dogs.  We have an American Bulldog (not to be confused with a Pitt) and she is a big girl.  Anyways, I would love to be as close to the base as possible and be at a place that allows our dog.  Since our baby will be a newborn we really want to have our dog around, even though my parents will take our dog for the time being if we need them too. We can't live on base because we are not technically stationed there since he is just going to TBS.  Any info on apartments/condos in the area that allow large dogs would be great!

Re: Quantico MCB Housing?

•  We PCSd here from Jacksonville in 2010. We took a weekend trip to look at places, buti know that isn't always an option.

Sky Terrace has townhomes that allow large dogs. It is a great location for TBS because it is on the same road that leads you to the back gate. It's off Onville Road in Stafford. 

We live a few miles away, but we have friends who live over there. They also have a community pool, fitness facility, and park. Their website says they allow large dogs. We are thinking of moving over there when our lease is up because the rent is a little cheaper than where we are currently.

We rent through Johnson and Glazebrook. We have a 3 bedroom, 3-story town house with a fully finished basement. We also have a 120 lb lab. My DH works on The TBS side, and it takes him 15 minutes to get to work with reasonable traffic. The pet deposit sucks though. Where we are at, our deposit is half of what our rent is.

I will say, that you should still be eligible for housing. DH has several coworkers who all work on the TBS side, and they live on base. If you did live on base, your drive time would double though. Stafford is the closest you'll be to TBS.

I will warn you ahead of time that you won't find many places that have food sized yards. What you can gain in living space, you totally lose with yard space. 

Century 21 off Garrisonville road in Stafford is a good resource to find a place around here. PM me if you would like any more information. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageLissa832:

We PCSd here from Jacksonville in 2010. We took a weekend trip to look at places, buti know that isn't always an option.

Sky Terrace has townhomes that allow large dogs. It is a great location for TBS because it is on the same road that leads you to the back gate. It's off Onville Road in Stafford. 

We live a few miles away, but we have friends who live over there. They also have a community pool, fitness facility, and park. Their website says they allow large dogs. We are thinking of moving over there when our lease is up because the rent is a little cheaper than where we are currently.

We rent through Johnson and Glazebrook. We have a 3 bedroom, 3-story town house with a fully finished basement. We also have a 120 lb lab. My DH works on The TBS side, and it takes him 15 minutes to get to work with reasonable traffic. The pet deposit sucks though. Where we are at, our deposit is half of what our rent is.

I will say, that you should still be eligible for housing. DH has several coworkers who all work on the TBS side, and they live on base. If you did live on base, your drive time would double though. Stafford is the closest you'll be to TBS.

I will warn you ahead of time that you won't find many places that have food sized yards. What you can gain in living space, you totally lose with yard space. 

Century 21 off Garrisonville road in Stafford is a good resource to find a place around here. PM me if you would like any more information. 

Thank you so much!  We looked online at Sky Terrace and they do seem very reasonable with pricing and they also seem to have large kitchens from the floor plans online.  We live in Annapolis so we are not very far at all.  We are looking at taking a day trip down to Stafford to look at places and will definitely stop by Sky Terrace.  It is nice to know that other people like it there!

• Loading the player...
  • We were there in 2009 while my husband did TBS. We lived at the Villages of Aquia Apartments and had a dog. Friends of ours live at Aquia Terrace (which is on the same road) and had a large Golden Retriever. Both apartment complexes were decent. They were about 15-20 minutes from the Onville gate. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hey we just moved from TBS in August, i hope you have a good time down there while your hubby goes through TBS, and just take lots of deep breaths during those FEX's :) We lived in Aquia Terrace Apartments, (phase II the one in the back) I loved them and their pet deposit was very reasonable at 250 ish. I know they take dogs and as far as i know there was not a size restriction but their worth checking out. Aquia terrace was on 1 just off garrisonville rd so normally it would only take about 15-20 mins max for Austin to get to work. Its worth checking out :) Try and network too and i hope you get a great group of wives to hang out with like i did, i think it helped a bunch :) Good Luck :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"