Indiana Babies
Options

Check-In: Weekend Edition

Sorry ladies (and gent?) for being late again!

1.  How are you?

2.  How is your week going?  Highlight / Lowlight?

3.  What do you have planned this weekend?

4.  What are you doing for Thanksgiving?  Any particular dishes you are really looking forward to eating, or fun traditions? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Check-In: Weekend Edition

• Options
    Sorry ladies (and gent?) for being late again!1.  How are you? - Exhausted!  2.  How is your week going?  Highlight / Lowlight? - Pretty good.  We've been in the new house almost two weeks now and it's finally starting to not look like a tornado hit it!Lowlight - I'm just so tired - but it's my own fault.  I've been working some nighttime programs at the museum and I don't get to bed until the wee hours of the morning.  It doesn't help that Eli likes to start his days at 5 AM!3.  What do you have planned this weekend? - Turns out there's a lot of things you need when you triple your living space!  We're going shopping for furniture & household goods, and I'm working some more night programs.4.  What are you doing for Thanksgiving?  Any particular dishes you are really looking forward to eating, or fun traditions? - We'll be down in GA with my parents.  My dad's family has Lebanese heritage so we always have Middle Eastern food for Thanksgiving, and then a more traditional meal later on.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yes, there is now an occasional gent.  I mostly post on the dad's board, but I bounced around yesterday during my son's nap to see some other boards that apply.  Hope that is ok.

1.  How are you?

I'm stressed and tired.  Tired because my son now gets up at 6 (stupid time change hasn't kicked in for him yet)

2.  How is your week going?  Highlight / Lowlight?

Not bad.  Highlight is our son (almost 2) is going through a major word explosion and adding 2-5 words a day on average this week.  Lowlight is work.  I start vacation Saturday and just want it to be here already.

3.  What do you have planned this weekend?

Watching my son, finishing up some Christmas ornaments my son is painting for presents.

4.  What are you doing for Thanksgiving?  Any particular dishes you are really looking forward to eating, or fun traditions?

Same routine that we've had for 5 years.  Head up to Lebanon for my wife's family's Thanksgiving for lunch.  After lunch, the girls head off to Big Lots (I guess because it is about the only place open on Thanksgiving at 1 PM) while the guys go into turkey comas watching the football game.  Then, we head to the northside of Indy to my parents' house for my family Thanksgiving.  I'm just looking forward to eating my weight in mashed potatoes, rolls, stuffing and the like.  Turkey is ok as long as it is dark meat, but not my overall favorite.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Welcome to all the new ladies and gents! The more the merrier - we've been trying to get this board more active for a long time!

1. How are you?

I'm stressed! The home buying process has been a nightmare! It definitely wasn't this difficult last time around.

2. How is your week going? Highlight / Lowlight?

Very stressful week (see above). That's the lowlight. Highlight for me is the same as pp - Connor is learning things so fast now and it's really fun to be able to communicate better with him.

3. What do you have planned this weekend?

Going to Recess for my husband's birthday tomorrow, followed by some late night shopping/drinking on Mass Ave (shops open until midnight tomorrow!). Saturday we are headed down to the in-laws to celebrate my FIL's birthday. Hoping to check out the newly opened West Elm on Sunday before football!

4. What are you doing for Thanksgiving? Any particular dishes you are really looking forward to eating, or fun traditions?

Heading to my parent's house for our extended-family Thanksgiving. My husband's family celebration will be Saturday. I don't eat meat but I love mashed potatoes. I will be attempting to make pies for the first time this year. The day after Thanksgiving we usually cut our Christmas tree down and go to the lighting of the monument tree on the circle downtown.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageebd08:

1.  How are you? Good I guess.  We've been spending a lot of family time, but not getting stuff done.  Which normally would be fine, but then I think about everything that needs done before LO#2 comes! 

2.  How is your week going?  Highlight / Lowlight? Highlight: Parade of lights in town last night.  I thought it was super boring parade, but DD had a blast, and when it was over she wanted them to do it again.  Lowlight: DH was sick and had to miss a going away party for some friends of ours.  I am super excited for them, but it still sucks they are leaving!

3.  What do you have planned this weekend? DH had to work today, and then we are going to go on a walk, and clean.

4.  What are you doing for Thanksgiving?  Any particular dishes you are really looking forward to eating, or fun traditions? We are headed to Evansville to the in laws.  If she doesn't have turkey, I will probably cry!  We switch off holidays at our parents every year, and last time we were there she wasn't  going to have turkey.  We told her we would bring one and make it, but when we got there, she had bought one.  I normally make some stuff that I really want-mashed sweet potatos, dressing, and a dessert.  Frozen sides from GFS don't really do it for me on Thanksgiving.  But the in laws downsized to an appartment with a super small kitchen, and I don't know if there will be room for me to cook too.  Don't judge me for focusing on the food, because I am a hungry pregnant woman!!!!

photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"