Blended Families
Options

Thanksgiving menus

Anyone want to share menus and/or recipes?

My menu has been set for weeks, but every time I look at the damn thing I start thinking I need to add another veg or a second bread or some other type of dessert... eggghhh.  

my read shelf:
Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Thanksgiving menus

• Options

Roasted turkey

Roasted Sweet Potatoes w/ Sweet Onions

Mashed Potatoes

Corn

Green Beans (probably casserole)

Creamed Spinach

Broccoli Salad

AntePasta

Homemade mac and cheese (DD is a pescatarian she only eats fish and veggies)

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Sausage Stuffing

Banana Pudding w/ Nilla Wafers

Various Pies

I think my DD is making Brownies

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We do a potluck style with the ILs so all I know is I am responsible for soda, water, and baked beans.

At my moms we have turkey, mashed p, noodles, corn, green beans, salad, pie, and rolls.

I love that they both still host Thanksgiving and I don't have to cook the whole meal. We go to my moms early and my ILs by 6pm. I will gladly drive around to skip all the cooking and cleaning (of course we help with cleaning up after but that is such a small part).

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't cook for Thanksgiving. We celebrate at MILs on Thursday and my Aunt's on Saturday, but I can tell you some of the awesomely delishous dishes my Aunt makes every year. MILs menu is pretty plain IMO compared to the awesomeness that is my Aunt's food.

Turkey, Ham, Squash Casserole, Dressing/Stuffing, Giblet Gravy, Green Bean Casserole, broccoli n rice casserole, Deviled Eggs, Relish tray (picked okra, green olives, black olives, sweet pickles, sour pickles), Veggie tray (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, celery), Sweet Potatoes, Mashed pototoes, cranberry sauce, rolls, cheese tray, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, chocolate pie, Mississippi Mud Cake, Cherry Cheesecake, buttermilk pie, banana pudding.

That is her normal menu plus she usually tries 1-2 more sides and 1-2 additional deserts but she always makes what I listed because they are the family favorites. My cousins all go over and help her cook everything prior. She doesn't like us to bring anything because we come from out of state.

DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• Options
    I am in charge of the cheese and cracker platter and the veggie platter! Easy Peasy!!
  • Options
    Well so far we have a fried turkey, sweet potato fries, deviled eggs, stuffing, mashed potatoes, brown gravy, giblet gravy, veggie tray, cheese tray, rolls, candied yams, corn, pecan and pumpkin pies, pumpkin roll, homemade ice cream, cranberry sauce, and fruit salad. I can't wait, I just hope with the number of people that there are actually some leftovers!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageKaeldrasmommy:
    Well so far we have a fried turkey, sweet potato fries, deviled eggs, stuffing, mashed potatoes, brown gravy, giblet gravy, veggie tray, cheese tray, rolls, candied yams, corn, pecan and pumpkin pies, pumpkin roll, homemade ice cream, cranberry sauce, and fruit salad. I can't wait, I just hope with the number of people that there are actually some leftovers!

Fried Turkey??? That sounds soooo good! How do you do it? How long does it take?

• Options
    imagewendilea:
    Fried turkey is amazing.  It's the only way we cook ours - comes out so juicy and takes about 1/3 the time of roasting.
    Hmmm... Going off to google this fried turkey thing!!!
  • Options
    imagekimmygirl77:

imageKaeldrasmommy:

Fried Turkey??? That sounds soooo good! How do you do it? How long does it take?

It is pretty amazing, it comes out so juicy. I know it takes a lot less time than roasting, like wendi said, but I don't know how long, it's my dad's thing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

If anybody is looking for dessert I highly recommend Pioneer Woman's peanut butter pie.

I will be making that and an apple pie and taking them to my mom's.  Yum!

Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
  • Options
    Roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, Mac and cheese and garlic cheddar biscuits. Mom and SIL will bring desserts and other sides they want cause I'm about to pop.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We go to DH's SM's mother's house.  I bring bread and blueberry cake. 

I make a monsterous Thanksgiving breakfast.  I do this out of desperation so the boys don't eat this poor woman out of house and home.  They have been talking about Thanksgiving foods for three weeks.  DH's SM comes from a family of all girls and does not have the experience of teenage boys' appetites.

French toast, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, blueberry muffins, and fruit partfait.  The boys are considering quiche and/or scrambled eggs as well.  On the way, I will bring some more muffins for the ride.

together since 2006
    full time stepmom to SS1 and SS2 since 2010
    married since 2011

TTC since 7/2011 (no planned bc since 2008)
    HSG 11/2011: one blocked tube
    S/A 2/2012 and retest S/A 3/2012: normal
    Bloodwork: normal
    2nd HSG 5/2012: clear
    Femara cycle 5mg #1 7/14/12 + IUI #1 7/23/12 = bfn
    New RE appt 8/14/12
    IVF #1 meds 8/30/12. ER 9/14/2012: 7 retrieved, 6 fertilized. ET 9/19/12: 1 perfect embryo 5dt.
    Beta #1 BFP! 97
    Beta #2 234
    Beta #3 4937
    ultrasound #1 heart beat 127
    10/20/12 graduated!!!
    EDD 6/7/12
    Team PINK!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards