Two Under 2

Need help finding a sit n stand stroller

I have a 6 month old DS and a 2 1/2 year old DD.  I tried to resist the idea of a "double" stroller for this long, but I have to buy one.  I am looking into a sit n stand stroller because my DD is not a big fan of strollers.  I am considering the Baby Trend one and the Joovy one.  Any recommendations?  Pros and Cons?   

Re: Need help finding a sit n stand stroller

• I have the joovy ultralight and I like it. It is lightweight, easy to fold and not too big. It is the right stroller, right now.
  • I have the Baby Trend one. There are days it seems kind of bulky, but I was also used to a side by side umbrella stroller that was pretty compact.

A few things I don't like about the Baby Trend is how difficult it is to access the basket underneath when I've got a kid sitting in it, but I love how easily my new Baby Trend carseat snaps into place without an adapter! The front seat has to recline to fit the carseat, but there is still plenty of room on the bench for my kids to sit comfortably. It's somewhat difficult to lock closed, the wheels have to be aligned just right. I can do it easily enough now, but it did take a little practice. It's wide enough in the back my two skinny girls can share the bench seat, which is a definite plus. And I do love the pre-installed cup-holder and little compartment for parents. I often slip my cell phone and spare cash in the little compartment for easy access so I can shove my purse under the seat and not have to worry about it. You can purchase one to add a universal one to add to the Joovy, though, so not really a deciding factor.

Before I bought the Baby Trend, I actually went to Babies R Us and pulled it off the display, popped my girls in and pushed it around the aisles a bit. The price was right, though and the Joovy wasn't in stock anywhere locally for me to test. The Joovy does appear to be smaller lengthwise by about 10-11", which might make it easier to steer.

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"