Minnesota Babies
Options

Dishwasher...

This doesn't really have anything to do with babies...but our dishwasher just broke and I was wondering what other people have/if you are satisfied with what you have? 

Also, does anyone live in Saint Paul? What is with this plumbing installation fee? It has to do with things being up to code or something. Sears said you have to do it, so I assume it doesn't matter where I buy from, I'll be charged for installation? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dishwasher...

• Options

We actually bought ours off craigslist. You'd be surprised at what you find. As people remodel or foreclose on homes, you can find some decent deals. It doesn't hurt checking it out.

But, if I were to buy again... I'd probably get a Bosch. Those are amazing. We have an LG right now, I like it, but if it breaks down, I'll invest more.

Also, think about if you plan on staying in your home long term. Our last home (a townhome), we bought a $100 used one off Craigslist. It was just fine for what we needed. And we didn't want to invest because we wanted out.

This house, we did Craigslist again, only because we had to buy all new appliances and we needed to save money. We ended up with a refurbished appliance.  Good luck!

• Options
    We purchased ours from Simon's in IGH and they were super reasonable overall.  Their price was equal or less than the big box guys.  I'm not sure what their installation was because we DIY which is a lot easier than you'd think!  Some places don't charge for delivery/installation if it's an already existing appliance, when in doubt, ask!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi,
    If you are looking for a good deal, there is a warner stellians in St. Paul on 280 that has a lot of new, but scratch and dents, for great prices. I purchased my washing machine there, and while it wasn't damaged, it was last year's model and was at an awesome price!

They are also very helpful at helping you pick up the product, and I'm sure also have a delivery service if you'd prefer!
  • Options

I live in St. Paul and the plumbing permit fees are pretty ridiculous (in my humble opinion).  Installing it yourself is really not hard.  If I can do it, you can do it!  :)

We have a whirlpool gold dishwasher.  I don't love it.  I don't hate it.  It is way better than doing everything by hand!  My parents have a Bosch one at their house and you'd have to be practically sitting in it to tell if it is on.  It is really that quiet! The steel tub ones are going to more quiet than the plastic ones (but the steel ones cost more!)

I've been really happy with my purchases from ApplianceSmart.  They'll recycle your old one too.  I haven't found Werner Stellian's regular pricing to be all that great but if you can hit their warehouse sale, that is when you get the really great deals.  Unfortunately it just happened a few weeks ago so you'll have to wait a bit for it to come around again.   

• Options
    Thanks everyone, I think we will try and install on our own to save a buck. Sounds like I'll be checking out Bosch. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"