January 2012 Moms
Options

Car Emergency Kit for Winter

I'm preparing for Wisconsins wonderful winters and putting together an emergency bag for the vehicle just in case we ever go in the ditch or get stranded. I have a pretty good idea what I want to put in my kit, but looking for some input from everyone

So far, I have bottled water, formula, snacks, blankets, travel pillow, flash light,  hand warmers, car battery charger/starter(got it as a gift last year and always keep it in my glove box), and an extra hat and gloves for myself, husband, and baby. 

Can you think of anything else that may be useful? THANKS :)  

Re: Car Emergency Kit for Winter

• Options
    Dont you love wisconsin winters
    I dont know why but my mom told me ti keep some candles and matches or a lighter. I think it would be to try to keep the car warm? I know you said snacks but also some protine bars and maybe a extra cell phone battery
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker .facebook_-966822808 IMG00064-20101108-0836 20120901_120106 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Diapers?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A first aid kit; any important medication; LED emergency beacon (for signaling for help); tire chains, sand, or kitty litter (to help with traction if you think you can get unstuck); and a couple basic tools. I've also been told everytime you go out of town, even if your not going far, make sure you have a full tank of gas!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have been thinking about putting together an emergency kit too. I plan to get one of these hand crank radios that can charge cell phones.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0071BTJPI/ref=mp_s_a_1?pi=SL75qid=1352957064sr=81
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options
    Diapers and wipes! tylenol, antibiotic ointment, cotton swabs
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I second the sand/kittly litter. How about a snow shovel and tow straps? The tow straps may only make sense if your car has something that you can attach a tow strap to.

ETA: I should do this, but I don't... My mom had a car that notoriously got stuck in the snow so she always kept an old coat, "dirty" clothes, and sturdy shoes in her trunk so that she had something that she had something that she didn't care about to wear while she messed around with getting the car unstuck.

ETA(2): If you have an old down comforter instead of regular blankets, it would probably be far more effective if/when you need it.

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"