Trouble TTC

Mid cycle monitoring = 1 hugo follicle

Hi ladies, looking for some input. This is my 3rd cycle on Clomid + TI. The first two I responded well and had 2 Follicles matured the first cycle and 3 the second. This cycle I only have 1. I am trying not to get discouraged because all it takes is one and this one is a WOPPING 28mm but I can't help but thinking that my odds are reduced significantly (not that the last two cycles worked)

I guess I am just nervous because I have never had just one, and one this large. Today is CD12 and I will most likely TI tonight. Still havent gotten my call from the nurse.

Me; 28 Hubby: 29 - TTC since 5/11 - PCOS Cycle #18-21 Clomid & Trigger & TI = BFN 
Cycle #22 Gonal-F & Trigger & IUI = BFFP!! EDD 10/4/13 Beta#1 50.5, Beta#2 212, Beta#3 452, First HB 133!!!Logan William born 10/7

Re: Mid cycle monitoring = 1 hugo follicle

• I was told by my RE that an "ideal" response to Clomid or Femara for that matter was one or two good follies. Of course it seems like more is always better, but remember, all it takes is one. Maybe that 28mm is your rockstar!
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • There's still a good chance with 1 perfect follicle! I couldn't give up hope by any means (and lately I'm a glass half empty kind of gal).
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. Smacking myself into positivity now.. just having a hard time getting out of this crazy funk this cycle. Maybe this is the wopper I have been waiting for.
    Me; 28 Hubby: 29 - TTC since 5/11 - PCOS Cycle #18-21 Clomid & Trigger & TI = BFN 
    Cycle #22 Gonal-F & Trigger & IUI = BFFP!! EDD 10/4/13 Beta#1 50.5, Beta#2 212, Beta#3 452, First HB 133!!!Logan William born 10/7
  • I don't have any advice for you, but GL! :)

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• To echo PP, all you need is one!

Be thankful you responded with such a beautiful, large follicle.  :) 

After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

• Hey, maybe that's your egg! 

Good luck! 

• I hope this huge follie is the lucky one for you!  Good Luck!
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • imagekatyj25:

Were there any other follies that were close to being mature? Did you trigger?

Usually REs like to see a follie between 18-22. Maybe you will still have a smaller one that will still catch up.

Hi Katy, there were a few little ones 10 & 12 and then the 28mm mature. Today is CD12 and I will prob trigger tonight but I am still waiting to hear from my nurse. Hoping maybe that 12 will buck up also if not I have 1, thats better than none right.

My RE also wants them to be past 18. But 28 is huge, can it be too large?

• imagekatyj25:
    imageMrsSmith414:
    imagekatyj25:

Usually REs like to see a follie between 18-22. Maybe you will still have a smaller one that will still catch up.

Hi Katy, there were a few little ones 10 & 12 and then the 28mm mature. Today is CD12 and I will prob trigger tonight but I am still waiting to hear from my nurse. Hoping maybe that 12 will buck up also if not I have 1, thats better than none right.

What was your e2?

Yes, unfortunately they can be too large. I believe the large the follie, the less quality egg. (see siggy)

Many many women have gotten pregnant with follies over 22-24 though, so don't give up hope. It has just not been my personal luck.

Since you have not triggered, there is still a possibility that the 12 will still catch up. Are you going in for another u/s?

Not sure yet, BW was done early this am still waiting for the nurse to call.

That really sucks, I know it can still happen that that 12 might catch up but I couldnt help but feel discouraged when I left.

I am going to ask the nurse when she calls. Should I be asking to wait to trigger would something like that be out of line? I know everyone is different just in your opinion...

I really try to make these cycles count exp with the clomid. I don't want this to be a bust with the 1 prob too big follicle and not have a chance at all.

• imagekatyj25:
    imageMrsSmith414:
    imagekatyj25:
    imageMrsSmith414:
    imagekatyj25:

What was your e2?

Yes, unfortunately they can be too large. I believe the large the follie, the less quality egg. (see siggy)

Many many women have gotten pregnant with follies over 22-24 though, so don't give up hope. It has just not been my personal luck.

Since you have not triggered, there is still a possibility that the 12 will still catch up. Are you going in for another u/s?

That really sucks, I know it can still happen that that 12 might catch up but I couldnt help but feel discouraged when I left.

I am going to ask the nurse when she calls. Should I be asking to wait to trigger would something like that be out of line? I know everyone is different just in your opinion...

I really try to make these cycles count exp with the clomid. I don't want this to be a bust with the 1 prob too big follicle and not have a chance at all.

Have you been using OPKs? If you have not surged on your own, it is possible to wait another day before triggering, to give that 12 a little more time to catch up. I would wait and see what your e2 level was first though. Is it possible to get in for another u/s?

I too was super hopeful my first IUI cycle. That is the cycle when I had a 28mm follie. The tech and nurse were practically jumping up and down with excitement that it was so big. It was not until later on that I found out from the girls around here, that the 28 was not an ideal size and perhaps we should have cancelled the IUI. I wish my RE had told me the truth then and not been so money hungry. I also wish in my excitement, that somone here would have slapped me hard into reality. It let to a giant meltdown. Now that I know better about size, my RE does not try to pull that crap with me anymore. I had a 24.5 last cycle and my RE agreed to cancel our IUI. My lining was also thin though.

What was your lining?

ETA. I am sorry and hope I am not being too straight forward. I was just in your same shoes this past year and wish I had had the knowledge that I do now. It would have saved a lot of money and possibly some very emotional days. I did enjoy some good wine out of the deal though, so I guess it is not all bad. :)

• imagekatyj25:
    imageMrsSmith414:
    imagekatyj25:
    imageMrsSmith414:
    imagekatyj25:

What was your e2?

Have you been using OPKs? If you have not surged on your own, it is possible to wait another day before triggering, to give that 12 a little more time to catch up. I would wait and see what your e2 level was first though. Is it possible to get in for another u/s?

I too was super hopeful my first IUI cycle. That is the cycle when I had a 28mm follie. The tech and nurse were practically jumping up and down with excitement that it was so big. It was not until later on that I found out from the girls around here, that the 28 was not an ideal size and perhaps we should have cancelled the IUI. I wish my RE had told me the truth then and not been so money hungry. I also wish in my excitement, that somone here would have slapped me hard into reality. It let to a giant meltdown. Now that I know better about size, my RE does not try to pull that crap with me anymore. I had a 24.5 last cycle and my RE agreed to cancel our IUI. My lining was also thin though.

What was your lining?

ETA. I am sorry and hope I am not being too straight forward. I was just in your same shoes this past year and wish I had had the knowledge that I do now. It would have saved a lot of money and possibly some very emotional days. I did enjoy some good wine out of the deal though, so I guess it is not all bad. :)

I really appreciate your honesty on this. I just walked out of there having this feeling in my gut that something wasnt right with that. I mean 28 is huge. I even thought wow the bigger the better right.. sigh knowledge is power I have learned. I knew something just didn't seem 100% and I am glad I posted here.

My lining was 9.5, no OPKs trying really hard to not pee on anything <depressing.. It is possible to get in for another U/S on my end and I am going to mention waiting to trigger when I speak with the nurse. Even a day could help that little one.

These cycles are hard enough emotionally, financially, etc I dont want to get my hopes up for something that just isnt going to happen. Yes I know there is always a chance but if I only have the one follie at 28... prob not going to happen. Thinking I might have a glass tonight regardless of what happens. Sad

I cannot stand waiting for the nurse to call..

• I am so glad I opened this thread! Thank you so much for all the great info! I never knew a follie could be to large. It makes perfect sense but never crossed my mind! With Me and DH in a middle of an IUI its great information that could help! 

Thanks for asking the question and thanks for the great answers!

Good Luck OP!  

ITS A GIRL!!! TTC 8/11 November Clomid 150mg+trigger+IUI+TI= BFP<br>
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' 
    Eleanor Roosevelt 
    image image 
  • Talked to the nurse. ES is 693 LH 11.7

She seemed confident I am to trigger tonight. I suppose it can't hurt anything what the worst that can happen BFN...

Any thoughts??

Still having my glass of wino tonight either way. Can I do that with the trigger?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"