Military Families

EAS Right After Delivery

My husband gets out of the Marine Corps on April 1st, my due date is April 12th, our lease is up on May 1st, and we can't wait to get the hell out of California and back to the Midwest. It's all very exciting. However, all of this happening at the same time makes me very nervous. Right now we live in a tiny, one bedroom apartment. There's nowhere to even make a nursery SPACE, not like we'd even want to since we're packing up and moving a month later. I won't get to nest at all before the baby comes. What do I do? Does anyone have any advice or been through this before? Thanks, ladies. 

Re: EAS Right After Delivery

• Not quite the same situation, but I moved right after DS was born and I can comment on that.

DH deployed one month after DS was born. We moved out of our house, and I moved back with my parents. We had to do the packing/moving on our own (since it wasn't a PCS), so it was really stressful.

My biggest advice is to do as much prep ahead of time as possible. Once baby arrives, you'll have your hands full.

For the two weeks we were in our house after DS was born, he slept in a PnP in our room. When I lived with my parents, he slept in the Rock N Play next to my bed - if you're really tight on space, that might be a good option for you between the hospital and when you move.

If you have room for a PnP, get one that has storage - when mine is used as a bassinet, there are storage shelves and a zip compartment underneath. There are others that have a storage thing attached to the side. You can use that for diapers (and other changing supplies) and storing clothes. That was really helpful for me since it gave me a small space to keep DS's stuff while the rest of the house was in disarray for moving.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageravenlynnspy:
    My husband gets out of the Marine Corps on April 1st, my due date is April 12th, our lease is up on May 1st, and we can't wait to get the hell out of California and back to the Midwest. It's all very exciting. However, all of this happening at the same time makes me very nervous. Right now we live in a tiny, one bedroom apartment. There's nowhere to even make a nursery SPACE, not like we'd even want to since we're packing up and moving a month later. I won't get to nest at all before the baby comes. What do I do? Does anyone have any advice or been through this before? Thanks, ladies.nbsp;

We pcsed 4 months after DS was born so there was no point in setting up a nursery. We invested in a really good pack n play with a changing table, napper, and bassinet. DS lived in it lol I kept the pack n play right next to our bed. To keep organized I bought some wicker baskets...the smaller ones....and organized the bare minimum stuff I needed in them, like shampoo, lotion, first aid stuff, socks, bibs, blankets, baby towels, ect.....they're stackable so they save space!

For bathing you could invest in a bather that folds up...they should sell them at the MEX....I got mine from the NEX....it's by Summer infant. It folds up small enough that you can fit it in a suitcase.

I totally know how you feel though! We just got to Florida and will be closing on a house at the end of this month and then I finally get to do a nursery! I hope my advice helped you.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGismo123:
    We pcsed 4 months after DS was born so there was no point in setting up a nursery. We invested in a really good pack n play with a changing table, napper, and bassinet. DS lived in it lol I kept the pack n play right next to our bed. To keep organized I bought some wicker baskets...the smaller ones....and organized the bare minimum stuff I needed in them, like shampoo, lotion, first aid stuff, socks, bibs, blankets, baby towels, ect.....they're stackable so they save space! For bathing you could invest in a bather that folds up...they should sell them at the MEX....I got mine from the NEX....it's by Summer infant. It folds up small enough that you can fit it in a suitcase. I totally know how you feel though! We just got to Florida and will be closing on a house at the end of this month and then I finally get to do a nursery! I hope my advice helped you.

We got that same one - it travels really well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We are moving to Australia 2 months after the baby is born so I feel you on that stuff.  No idea how it will all work out, but it will! I try to just take it a day at a time or it's too overwhelming.
  • Thanks ladies. I'm just really in a knot about all of it, the stress is a bit much. I left out the part about the fact that I'm delivering by planned c-section so it's going to take me longer to recover and moving three or four weeks later is scary. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"