International Bumpies
Options

LadyMadrid

Hello!

I am not sure if you are still posting on this board but I saw this article yesterday and I thought of you.

https://www.elmundo.es/blogs/elmundo/blogoterraqueo/2012/11/12/diez-cosas-que-debes-saber-sobre.html

I was just wondering if you agree with it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: LadyMadrid

• Options
    I will check it out in a bit! I've been busy the past few days and haven't checked in on here. : but I'm still around here and on proboards.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Generally, yeah I agree with most of it.  My H's company isn't quite so intense about arriving at a specific time and leaving at that time, but that's also his line of work and the fact that he works with companies all over theworld and sometimes he has to stay later or go in earlier to talk to someone. I especially agree about the beauracracy.  It's so much worse here than in Spain, but I also wonder if that's because here I don't speak the language and don't have a native husband to help me navigate the paperwork and all that.  Mostly that stuff is true.

I'm also not sure how I feel about the helps for mothers and families...the money per child I think is great and I do like that women have the option of staying home longer here, but in some ways it limits women who do prefer to return to work after having a baby.  For me, all the help will be great (if we see any of it--see my point about beauracracy!  7 months after starting the application process and we havent seen a cent) but if I wanted to go back to work I feel there is a certain stigma surrounding working moms.  It's next to impossible to find childcare for kids under 1 year and even after that the spots aren't easy to come by.  Most daycares only keep children until 3pm so whatever job you work it has to be parttime.  That kind of stuff makes it seem like they are trying to maintain traditional gender roles in a way, but that could just be me misunderstanding the system. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"