December 2011 Moms
Options

What will you do different next time?

For those planning to have more kiddos what have you learned you will do different next time?

For me, it will be doing our best to avoid creating bad sleep habits for DS. I'm realizing we've done him no favors by rocking him to sleep and picking him up or sleeping on the couch with him to get him back to sleep at night wakings. I was so terrified of any amount of CIO but honestly his crappy sleep along with the same for DH and me isn't good for anyone. Not sure I'll jump right on the CIO bandwagon with the next one but will certainly try to help him/her develop selfsoothing skills earlier on.

I will also do better at taking pictures of LO WITH people, especially me. I have thousands of shots of DS but few with others and only a couple with me.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What will you do different next time?

• Options
    Hmm... I'd like to Make sure I DEVOTE time once a week to the baby book, documenting the small steps and progress. I've missed doing that on both my girls. I'd like to commit to taking weekly pics. I'd also like to implement what I learned this time as far as "stuff." other than the bedroom decor etc, I will probably just keep the rock n play, bouncy, etc even if we wind up with a boy next time to try it out with LO3 before I run out to buy another and only another if it was a boy. I probably bought 5 swings for DD2 before I realized she just wasn't a swing baby, all because DD1 loves hers!
  • Options
    I'll go out more!  I'm a SAHM and DH and I don't go out much without LO.  We take him with us when we visit friends and when we go out we choose restaurants or activities where kids are welcome.  As a result DS is very well behaved in public (which is great) but has a hard time of it when we leave him with a sitter.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We will start naps in the crib when we move LO into the nursery.  DD sleeps fine in her crib at night, but she still takes both naps in her swing.  She's hovering at the swing's weight limit and her legs stick ridiculously far out the end of the swing, but she still loves it.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Better sleep habits, and involve DH in feedings [pumping more] because he used that excuse a lot to get out of helping.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The only change would be: buy a king size bed

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely try to worry less! Especially about little things.
  • Options
    Honestly, I don't think I would change a thing! This has been the most wonderful time of my life.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I might try to go med free next time. Everything else has been pretty great. I'm fine to still rock her to sleep and don't plan on doing CIO. I'd like to build up more of a freezer stash next time too.
    href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

• Options
    Ha - King size bed for sure! lol

I'd like to continue to excercise thru my pregnancy - I didn't really last time and I think that (plus the gallon of milk a day) might have been the reason why I gained so much weight.

Next time around I would really like to try for a VBAC - and if I have to have a C/S I would like to do it the "natural" way so I can be more involved in the birth of the baby.

I would like to take more pictures on my camera (since I did mostly cell phone pics then lost my phone)

I would like to do the monthly sticker pics

Write stuff down more - like his/her milestones. I kinda did that with A but not everything.

I think thats about really it - or at least all I can think of right now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options

Gear wise I am skipping the PITA of a travel system, it was so big and heavy and a pain in stores! We started using a Chicco Liteway when M was around 6 months and we love it! It also completely reclines and has a boot so you can put a smaller baby in it. We're buying just a stroller frame and a separate infant seat this time and start using the Liteway when LO is a few months old.

Other then that I don't really know, M always slept well. I won't use purees at all with the next one, it was a waste of $$ with M. She hated them, so I had a gazillion containers taking up my cabinet space for months.

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

I'm with ya on the sleep habits...especially naps.  I think having 2 kids will help with that lol!  No more snoozing the day away with a newborn when you have a toddler to chase after....

I would also do more pics with me.  Especially early on...I have very few and it makes me sad :( Also, I want to do pro newborn pics.  I missed that opportunity with Miles and I hate myself for it! 

• Options

I plan on CDing with the next one when he/she is about 8lbs (most of my stash with E is the OS and I do not want to buy more CDs for the newborn stage) Also E gained about 5 lbs the first month so she was out of the tiny newborn stage very quickly.

My plan is also to try for a VBAC.  E was breech so I had to have a C/S. Also, I plan on having more freezer ready meals because it was awesome until we ran out...

Take more "mom in the picture photos" and family photos. All of my photos are of just E.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    imageccip82:

I plan on CDing with the next one when he/she is about 8lbs (most of my stash with E is the OS and I do not want to buy more CDs for the newborn stage) Also E gained about 5 lbs the first month so she was out of the tiny newborn stage very quickly.

My plan is also to try for a VBAC.  E was breech so I had to have a C/S. Also, I plan on having more freezer ready meals because it was awesome until we ran out...

Take more "mom in the picture photos" and family photos. All of my photos are of just E.

Yup I forgot! I want to CD next time too! I didn't get to do it this time and could still but just haven't - any who I would really like to do it next time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options

imagekwinkle1980:
    Honestly, I don't think I would change a thing! This has been the most wonderful time of my life.

Same here :-) 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"