December 2011 Moms
Options

Those still BF'ing or pumping...

When do you plan on stopping?  DS turns one in less than 2 weeks and I always said I'd stop at one year, but now I'm not sure.  I'm ready to be done pumping (and LO has about 12 teeth so nursing isn't feeling so fantastic) but am sad about it.  Maybe its just because he's my last one. 

Just curious how long everyone will continue. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Those still BF'ing or pumping...

• Options
    I'm going to start replacing one bottle a day with WCM now (my supply is dropping and my peid OK'ed the early start) and slowly transition to all WCM during the day.  I'm going to stop pumping at 1 yr (or whenever he is transitioned to all WCM during the day) and only offer to nurse in the mornings or night.  I'll follow his lead on dropping nursing completely, I'd like to be done by 18 months, earlier if he is ready.
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to stop right around one, I've been pregnant or nursing since May 2009 and I'm tired.
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My supply is not very good but I plan to pump through winter. I'm hoping breastmilk will keep him healthy! I have a ton of breastmilk frozen, but it is all pre dairy-free diet so I will probably start pumping less frequently as soon as I can start using that. 
  • Options

I always thought I'd be done when DS turned 1, but now I'm not so sure.  He doesn't have any teeth yet, so that is making things easier.  I think I'm going to nurse him through the holidays.  It doesn't make sense to me to try to wean him during the craziest part of the year.  Nursing is comforting to him and I want to keep the holidays sane for all of us. 

Beginning in January, I'll probably start replacing nursing sessions with sippy cups of WCM.  

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My goal was to reach a year.  That being said, DD still really enjoys to nurse and I do not want to just stop once we hit her birthday.  After December, I plan on adding WCM during the day with her meals.  She is still waking up at least once per night to nurse too. 

Suprisingly, I am getting a little slack from mainly my mom and sisters for planning on BFing longer than a year.  I largely ignore their comments -I do not think they are saying things to purposely be mean, but it does bother me a bit.  I have already decided to whip the boob out while my sister visits and nurse E just to get back at her...and to NIP as I am taking her sightseeing! hahaha Stick out tongue

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
  • Options
    imagemtb21:
    imageccip82:

Suprisingly, I am getting a little slack from mainly my mom and sisters for planning on BFing longer than a year.  I largely ignore their comments -I do not think they are saying things to purposely be mean, but it does bother me a bit.  I have already decided to whip the boob out while my sister visits and nurse E just to get back at her...and to NIP as I am taking her sightseeing! hahaha Stick out tongue

My family does this too which really surprised me because no one in my family even FFs.  My mom BF'd all 4 of us to 1 year, but my sister and mom seem to think it's weird I don't plan on stopping then.  I agree, whip it out! I would like to see their reaction if I do decide to tandem nurse one day. :) 

LOL! I just read your post about the tandem nursing and was going to respond :) My mom also BF all four of us and stopped between 5-9 months with each child.  My sister also BF both of her kids for about 9 months...it is the nursing over 12 months that they do not get...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
  • Options
    I am going to BF past a year.I am not sure when I will stop, but probably around 18 months so we can TTC. I really don't want to stop.

• Options

We're doing BLW, so basically it's up to DS.  After a year, I'll keep one pump session per day at work just so I have supply on the weekends for him.  Then it's kind of up to him. 

Right now I'm already seeing decreased interested from him in the mid-mornings -- he really loves his solids breakfast.  But he loves to nurse down for his nap, down for bedtime and when he wakes up from his sleeps.  He also loves to "check in" at least once at night and to reconnect after I've been away.

• Options
    I hope to be weaned by a year.  I'm starting to defrost my freezer stash in the fridge so I can start giving him WCM mixed with BM in a sippy cup during meals to slowly get him used to the flavor...probably going to start with a 50:50 ratio and slowly add more WCM and less BM until he's on all WCM.  Once he's on all WCM I'll start dropping a nursing session and replace with a sippy. 
  • Options
    I'm not going to pump at work much past a year. I will nurse on demand for a while longer though. I'd like to drop sessions eventually though and be down to just morning and bedtime around 18 months. We shall see.
    href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

• Options
    I am still nursing DS and always said I'd stop at one year, too. Now I don't know. I am trying to introduce WCM since a few days now, but he's not really interested yet. I will definitely keep the morning and night feedings for now, but would love to wean him during the day. We'll see how it goes! We also want to ttc again, so I'm trying to get my period back ;-)
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options

Well, I planned originally to just BF until 6 months, then when that came and went and then I decided on a year, and now I really don`t know when I am going to stop, I have no plans to stop, it will probably be baby lead as he has started dropping feeding sessions down to only 4 a day (and occasionally started having one at night again which he hasn`t done since 7 months Sad), he seems to be dropping all feedings from morning feed to afternoon nap feed, so I am substituting with WCM at lunch, which he is starting to drink slowly.

I have to say I have also had a bad reaction from people to BF after 1, most people say...but you won`t be BFing him until he`s 5 right?`

I think they can`t cope with me not giving a specific time frame, I find it sad that just because I continue to BF my LO people think I am odd, when it is such a natural thing to do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• Options
    I work three days a week and have pretty much stopped pumping at work because I am so busy.  I pump before I go and when I get home.  I have been able to keep up with DS until recently.  I decided to supplement the 2 ounces a day I am short with almond milk in a sippy.  He does really well with it.  I will probably continue to do what I am doing until he decides to wean himself.  I am only pumping 3 days a week so I can deal. I think getting through flu season in a good goal and then take it from there. 
  • Options

Ana is the youngster of the group being a Jan baby... so Ive got a little while before I start to think about weaning. I think Ill probably stop at a year for sure with pumping but I might morning/night nurse for a little while

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    imagerockychryslerb2010:
    I'm going to start replacing one bottle a day with WCM now my supply is dropping and my peid OK'ed the early start and slowly transition to all WCM during the day. nbsp;I'm going to stop pumping at 1 yr or whenever he is transitioned to all WCM during the day and only offer to nurse in the mornings or night. nbsp;I'll follow his lead on dropping nursing completely, I'd like to be done by 18 months, earlier if he is ready.

This. We plan to TTC when DD is 18 months and it looks like I will need to stop nursing to get a cycle. Plus my OB would not recommend nursing while pregnant since I had preterm labor last pregnancy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'll BF until she's 2 just like I did with her big sister.  That means I'll have another go around with tandem nursing.  Woohoo!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I plan on stopping at 1 year.   6 months was my first goal (I actually NEVER planned on going past 6 mos) but I wasn't ready and moved it to a year.. he's getting WCM with dinner and isn't too thrilled with it.  He's also been sick for the " past month so the whole "weaning" thing hasn't been happening as planned.  I'm not going to push it...if it goes a little past a year I won't worry about it.  We  just plan on trying again in the summer and I want some "me" time with my body before then. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"