St. Louis Babies
Options

Missouri Baptist

We've decided to choose Missouri Baptist, but are asking for personal experiences.  

Do the LC's REALLY come around daily to help?  

If you need an epi is spouse/partner allowed to be in while it's being given?

My main choice for choosing this hospital is because of the great breastfeeding rate they have. 

Do you get a breastfeeding bag when you leave?  

Is there any other perks to delivering here? 

Pregnancy Ticker image image image

Re: Missouri Baptist

• Options

I delivered my son there last year. My experience:

The LCs did come around everyday, the ones I had were GREAT, most of my nurses were exceptional too, I did have a few that I really couldn't stand.

My husband did get to stay in the room while I received my  epidural.

I didn't get a "breast feeding bag", I just got the pump accessories I paid 50.00 for. 

I would probably give it a 70% most of it was great, but there were a few things that I really didn't like. If you want more info feel free to pm me :) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Do the LC's REALLY come around daily to help?

I was only there for less than 24 hours after I delivered but a LC did come to my room before I left even though my baby wasn't there.  He had been transfered to another hospital but the LC still came to visit. 

If you need an epi is spouse/partner allowed to be in while it's being given?

Yes. 

My main choice for choosing this hospital is because of the great breastfeeding rate they have. Do you get a breastfeeding bag when you leave?

I don't recall.  I remember getting diapers but don't remember a breastfeeding bag.  

Is there any other perks to delivering here?

None that I can really think of.  Nothing awful but I'm not sure I'd choose MoBap again.  If I do go there, my docs office is in the building which I liked, I'd ask a lot more questions and be better prepared.  With my first I just wasn't sure what to expect.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'll be delivering my 3rd at MoBap in Dec. Yes, lc's are around daily. HOWEVER...you need to be proactive (and this is prob for any hospital) and request one come more than that if you need it, once a day is not a lot if you are having problems with it.

Yeah, I'm having my 2nd csection but the first one, DH was there for the epi.

I don't know what a breastfeeding bag is. You get (again, prob all hospitals) free diapers, and usually a diaper bag and samples of formula, and then a bunch of free bottles/nipples/breastmilk storage stuff. 

I know a lot of people who've delivered all over, and MoBap is rated pretty highly. I think the only reason people prefer st. john's is their food is better lol! I've had very good experiences here.

Oh Boy! On our way to 3! Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"