Health & Exercise
Options

P90x

Okay so my dh has been doing P90x and he looks AMAZING well we have been ttc for 3 1/2 years and I guess I've always been optimistic that I would loose the weight after the baby... well here I am still about 20lbs from where I want to be and no baby... So is it safe for me to do the yoga, pilates, and stretch for P90x and just not the crazy stuff in case we do by some small chance ever get the baby??? Will this help at all? We eat extremely healthy all the time and I'm 5' 5'' 130-135lbs... Just wanting to feel better and stop with the excuses because I'm starting to realize we may never have a baby... By the way the weight gain is from the IF meds that I am and have taken over the years... Thanks for any advice!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
TTC #2 since 2009 Have PCOS two close calls with letrozole and hcg trigger. Hoping 3rd time does the trick... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: P90x

• Options
    Forgive me, but with the IF meds are you not supposed to work out?  If your doctor has cleared exercising maybe do the program?   I would talk to your doctor though over everything.   Keep eating healthy, walking, eliptical and what not.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm not doing IUI or IVF so I am allowed to continue normal exercising and everything. We are doing IUI meds and TI to conceive, but I have zero restrictions. I myself calm things down during tww which is why I am curious about the pilates and stretch and stuff from P90x not the ab ripper x and all that extra nonsense that I know I shouldn't do...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 since 2009 Have PCOS two close calls with letrozole and hcg trigger. Hoping 3rd time does the trick... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

SO, if you have no exercise restrictions, I don't see why you wouldn't want to commit yourself to the full program?

I was doing P90x and Insanity while TTC - and my OB told me to keep on doing them even after I conceived.  I still workout 5-6x a week - I don't 'push' myself like I used to with the no pain no gain attitude...

But if you're not comfortable doing the full program, then yes, you should at least do X-Stretch, YogaX, and maybe even CardioX too...

MY GOAL
  • Options
    I don't see why you can't do all of the P90x videos while TTC. I'm pregnant and still do some of the exercises - no crunches or push ups or plyo while pregnant of course. But being pregnant or TTC doesn't keep you from exercising - I was doing sprints before I found out I was pregnant too :) Your weight sounds fine though - don't be too hard on yourself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I did Chest & Back and Ab Ripper (the whole thing, with no modifications) this morning. ::points to ticker::

My doctor told me there's no need to modify/quit almost anything until around 12 weeks, unless you have other complications. You *should* keep doing ab/core exercises even throughout pregnancy, although you will have to modify at some point. So there's absolutely no reason not to do these things while TTC, if you've been cleared for exercise. 

But I agree with PP - 135 lbs for 5'5" is totally healthy. 110-115 would be way to skinny, IMO, especially if you have the muscle that will come with P90X. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be in great shape, but if you feel like you *need* to drop another 20 lbs, maybe you have some body image issues to work through.  

Also - there aren't any Pilates workouts in P90X. What are you talking about there?  

FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • Options
    I did a hybrid of Insanity, P90X, and Rip60, in addition to 10+ mile runs, while TTC. I didn't want to put my life on hold based on the chance that it could take a while. I've never heard that exercise could interfere, as long as your body fat %age stays healthy.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    I agree 100. 5'5" and 135 pounds is the IDEAL weight for that height! Im 5'5" and 160 and the doctor said even I was still okay. I think there could be a bigger issue here... You are PERFECT! Work out to maintain your health, not to lose weight. Good luck!!
  • Options
    Please don't spam the board with a product you are selling.
  • Options
    imagemimi4347:

I did Chest & Back and Ab Ripper (the whole thing, with no modifications) this morning. ::points to ticker::

My doctor told me there's no need to modify/quit almost anything until around 12 weeks, unless you have other complications. You *should* keep doing ab/core exercises even throughout pregnancy, although you will have to modify at some point. So there's absolutely no reason not to do these things while TTC, if you've been cleared for exercise. 

But I agree with PP - 135 lbs for 5'5" is totally healthy. 110-115 would be way to skinny, IMO, especially if you have the muscle that will come with P90X. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be in great shape, but if you feel like you *need* to drop another 20 lbs, maybe you have some body image issues to work through.  

Also - there aren't any Pilates workouts in P90X. What are you talking about there?  

You are a perfect weight for your height. Keep in mind that you need to have a healthy body weight to get pregnant and stay pregnant! 110-115 is def too skinny. I am slightly taller than you and that is what I weighed in high school, but would never want to get down to that weight again.

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"