Detroit Babies
Options

Looking for recommendations for prenatal massage and yoga!

Hello! I'm Niki and I'm a little over 21 weeks pregnant with my first little one. I'm looking into finding a good place to get prenatal massages...I have a woman who I generally go to but she has never done an actualy "prenatal massage". I received a $20 dollars off coupon for Elements spa in troy..come to find out massages are $80/55 minutes there..which is just OUTRAGEOUS. Does anyone have a recommendation for somewhere between Detroit-Fenton for $60/hr or under thats good? Additionally I would love any recommendations for prenatal yoga classes in the area... Thanks ladies!

Re: Looking for recommendations for prenatal massage and yoga!

• Options

I had two prenatal massages...one was at LaVida massage (Orchard Lake Road).  I had a groupon deal and I think I only paid $40 for the hour long massage.  It was nice, although they do not have the beds that will allow you to lay on your stomach.  

My second massage was at my Chiropractor's office, Optimal Wellness, in Royal Oak.  First, I LOVE my chiropractors and am so glad that I went to them throughout my pregnancy.  I really think it helped to get everything in line and got my baby in the best position for birth.  They charge $50 for an hour long massage, but I got a coupon for $10 off my first massage, so it was only $40.

I took Prenatal Yoga classes through Beaumont Hospital and enjoyed them.  After the last class ended, I began taking the Yin/Restorative Yoga classes at Lifetime Fitness.  It was very, very similar to prenatal yoga and I loved the instructor.  Again...highly recommend doing Yoga.  It helped so much with the back and pelvis pain towards the end of my pregnancy and also with keeping me relaxed and calm.

Hope this helps!  Good luck. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Try Karma-Yoga , i heard they just started with Prenatal yoga classes a few months ago and they are supposed to be great. They are in Bloomfield Hills.

Good Luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    A Massage on Main Street in downtown Rochester.  Has the custom prenatal massage table and is very affordable!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"