Pre-School and Daycare
Options

4yr old complaining of headaches?

DD has been complaining about her head hurting for a couple of months now, but within the last 2 weeks it's almost on a daily basis.  She has even woken up at night a few times, and comes into our room complaining her head hurts.  When I ask her where it hurts, she points to the front on her forehead.  The first thing I though of was her vision, but she doesn't seem to have any vision troubles.  Any ideas?  I have an appointment scheduled with her pediatrician on Monday, but just thought I'd throw it out here to see if y'all have any ideas on what it could be.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 4yr old complaining of headaches?

• Options

front of the head could be sinus issues too.

Even if she doesnt seem stuffed up or runny nose her sinuses could be blocked up a bit to cause pressure.

See if it hurts if you tap on the front of her forehead or her cheeks.

• Options

could it be a skin thing?

Sometimes DD says her head hurts but really its a bug bite on her ear or something random like that.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sinus infection or needing glasses.  Make sure the pedi does a vision screening or schedule one ASAP with an ped eye doc.  My older DD had a headache (mostly complained at night) when she was around 2 or 3 and it lasted months and we went to the peds often but they never saw anything that seemed concerning. after we had her vision tested we called her neurolgist and he did an exam on her and ended up sending us for a cat scan which showed the sinus infection.  After a round of meds, she was totally fine.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options
    The only other things I can think of besides what pps said is that maybe she has developed an allergy to something or is having an issue with her ears . I used to have headaches with ear infections but no other symptoms.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Vision I was told would be in the back. Front could be sinuses.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    It could be migraines. I started getting them when I was that young and still get them.Sad
  • Options

imagelilles:
    It could be migraines. I started getting them when I was that young and still get them.Sad

This.  I was diagnosed in 1st or 2nd grade with migraines but before that I would have headaches and lay down on the couch every day.  They run in my family.  I hope my kiddos don't inherit this trait.

• Options
    Hmm, thanks everyone. All good ideas that I'll look into more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"