Single Parents
Options

Am I just over reacting?

All I think about is how much easier being pregnant and having this baby would be if I were alone. 

He doesn't look at me the same, touch me the same, kiss me the same. And the root cause of all of it? An unexpected pregnancy. And my weight gain from it and depression.

We're adults. 26 and 30. I have a career, he has a decent job. We aren't struggling, but we don't have a lot of money.

He complains either all we do is work on the house, or do nothing. We don't go out enough he says. I'm sorry - I'm 4 months pregnant. I don't feel like going to a bar or hanging out with people while they drink when I can't! And I'm at the point in my life where I'm over the party scene. I'd rather have a glass of wine with other moms while our toddlers run around, and pack lunches for picnics... move on to the next chapter. 

I really didn't expect this from him. I thought we were perfect for one another. I was driven, he was relaxed - we met in the middle. Now, all I do is nag and all he does is sleep. He'll get up and out of bed after 2 hours to watch football - but god forbid he gets up on his own to join me at a doctors appointment.

I'm so afraid of my daughter having the father I did - it sucks. 

Re: Am I just over reacting?

• Options
    Even though I dont have much experience with anything, seeing as I am 21 and my babies father is 18, pretty much everything you have said READ MY MIND. Thats exactly how I feel and how the father of mine acts. It hurts to be pushed aside when a baby comes in the picture. However its expected of people our age. BUT I guess guys are just guys. Whether they are 18 or 30. But it does really suck for me when a lot of people my age want to go drink and bar hop and I lack the desire to watch them do things that I cant. Obviously our pregnancy was also unplanned, and I understand that guys arent wired like we are when it comes to our children... but i just cannot FATHOM how they have no interest in their own flesh and blood. Just do your own thing and ignore his behavior. It is really hard to do that for myself, but I just think maybe one day he will come around. Doesn't hurt to be positive! Despite the age gap I can totally relate!
  • Options
    I went thru this same thing with my sons father.  We were great until I was 5 months pregnant and he completely changed.  Going out with friends, drinking and video games were more important that spending time with me.  Once our son arrived he was good for 3 months and then started his crap again.  We grew so distant that we had nothing to talk about besides our son.  He finally left when our baby was 7 months old and even though there are times i miss him, i actually do feel a sense of less stress without him here.  I dont walk on eggshells anymore and i dont feel so aggravated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"