6 Weeks Pregnant

High beta, no hb...please help

Hi ladies Im not sure if this is the right board to post this. If it it not, please let me know which board you think is better. My first son was conceieved through IVF. We never thought we would get pregnant on our own and 2 weeks ago we found out we are pregnant. I went in for some cramping and spotting and they did an u/s and beta. They saw a yoke, sac, and fetal pole but no heartbeat. The problem is my beta was 27,000 and they said I should see a hb with those betas. I am 6wk 1 day. Just wanted to know if anyone had a similair situation and if there is any hope thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: High beta, no hb...please help

• There is always hope!  I had an u/s earlier this week and saw only a sac.  Two days later, a heartbeat & baby!  The tech said she might not have been able to see it the day before.  Anything is possible this early on, but even a day or two can make a difference when looking for a heartbeat.  Ask them to repeat the u/s in a week.  Best wishes to you!!
  • From my personal research, I have found that the Beta HCG number does not give you one hundred percent exact date of how far along you are... It is more a general idea/range. This number could be dependent on other factors such as if you are having twins. Long story short, it is still very early in your pregnancy and they could have easily miscalculated how far along you are by a week to a couple weeks. No need to worry! :

Based on my LMP, the doctors office originally thought I was nine weeks along... But, when they did the ultrasound they couldn't find anything. My periods have always been inconsistent. Come to find out, I was only four weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"