Pittsburgh Babies

Hospital Tour- Forbes Regional

Hi All! I was just wondering if anyone has done just a hospital tour at Forbes Regional. I know they are included with birthing classes but DH and I aren't sure that we are going to take them. I've heard of other people taking a tour but this was when the labor and delivery ward was re-done. Thanks! :)

Re: Hospital Tour- Forbes Regional

• We did a tour with the All-In-One-Day birthing class.  Honestly, we didn't learn much from the classes.  The instructors were good at what they do...don't get me wrong...but the classes were disappointing to us because they didn't go over things that we had questions on.  It was all general information that most people already know. 

Anyway, the tour was pretty much a walk through the ward, past the nursery and into one of the rooms.  In the room, they showed us all the stuff they had in there for the baby and for the mother.  And I think she explained some of the processes there.

I was in for 3 days because we had an emergency C-section and I never left my room.  The baby stays in your room all day and you can send the baby to the nursery at night (which I would recommend).  During the day, the nursery is only open to just born babies and they keep the blinds closed so you can't see in anyway. 

It wasn't a bad tour.  It was just quick and not much to it.  Honestly, I really don't think doing a tour or not doing a tour is going to make or break your experience there.  But I will say...the staff and doctors did a great job and the rooms are beautiful.  Good luck! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I will be touring there on Saturday. I'll be sure to report back afterwards :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok, so as promised I said I would report back. I highly recommend the tour. There is a lot of information that is important for you and for your visitors to know about hospital security (it's strict). The LDRP rooms are nice, but there are some other rooms that you may end up using as well that you should be aware of. Also, they will let you know what they provide for you and baby and give suggestions for what to bring from home for your own comfort.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"