Stay at Home Moms

Selfie/Baby at the beach/Sandy Vagina..

I'm not sure how this board feels about Selfie...but in her most recent blog she shocked me for a few reasons..

1) There are a ton of naked baby pictures on it. You can't SEE anything..but still...

2) Her baby is naked at the beach. How do you feel about this? I don't think i could ever take my baby to the beach without him being covered in at least a diaper!

3) All I could think was that poor baby and how theres no way she didn't get all kinds of sand in her vagina and that can't feel good.

ok I'm done.  

Link if you're curious: https://prebabyblog.com/2012/11/lately-in-photos/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+prebabyblog+(The+Art+of+Making+a+Baby) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Selfie/Baby at the beach/Sandy Vagina..

• I doubt the mail order bride has many ethical qualms about naked babies on the internet. She makes me want to punch something.

As for the sandy vagina thing, (I'm not sure because I have a boy) but wouldn't sand in a diaper that would rub be worse? I could be way off base here, but maybe if she rinsed her off right away it wouldn't matter? Either way I know I wouldn't enjoy my naked ass in the sand.

ETA: I just read her post, LMAO of golf course grass being safe but "cheap plastic toys" being a huge no no. Of course.

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagehjk5000:

I doubt the mail order bride has many ethical qualms about naked babies on the internet. She makes me want to punch something.

As for the sandy vagina thing, (I'm not sure because I have a boy) but wouldn't sand in a diaper that would rub be worse? I could be way off base here, but maybe if she rinsed her off right away it wouldn't matter? Either way I know I wouldn't enjoy my naked ass in the sand.

hmm idk. Thats a good point. In the comments she defended the nakedness about it being a sensory thing. I'm pretty sure my baby doesn't need to sense sand on his @ss though.  

• Loading the player...
  • Meh. I've let E crawl around naked at the beach. She didn't seem to care and she got a bath afterwards. Selfie makes me giggle for sure but I still don't understand the hate. She's just doing her thing and raising her kid the way she wants to, just like the rest of us. 
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • imageAliciaS1411:
    imagehjk5000:

I doubt the mail order bride has many ethical qualms about naked babies on the internet. She makes me want to punch something.

hmm idk. Thats a good point. In the comments she defended the nakedness about it being a sensory thing. I'm pretty sure my baby doesn't need to sense sand on his @ss though.  

Yeh ITA with that. We have a huge sandbox and E is always ready for a bath afterwards. Once he's done playing he doesn't even like sand between his toes.

• I wondered the same thing. But we have yet to take DS to the beach, so maybe it's easier to rinse off if they're naked?

I also love to laugh at Selfie and I know, she makes $ off the hits. Whatever, I like judging her. I've never left a hateful comment (or any comment for the matter.).

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Here is an unbiased opinion - I have no idea who Selfie is, been on TB for a long time, but not often enough and never heard of her.  I did look at her blog and I think her photos are gorgeous and that is one cute baby.  As for babies in sand, I know when I was a kid and most everyone else my age, we were always naked on the beach. Before the sun was known to be horrific and sexual predation was so wide spread - or known to be wide spread. Also, honestly, the sand that baby ate is going to hurt way worse than the sand she sat in.
  • Do they just poop and pee in the sand? Like a litter box? 
  • imagehjk5000:

ETA: I just read her post, LMAO of golf course grass being safe but "cheap plastic toys" being a huge no no. Of course. 

The first part of your post got me excited that I'd have something awesome to laugh about, since I'd never heard of this woman until reading the OP.   Her blog/shrine to herself is quite a let down.  Too many cheesy posed pictures of a woman who thinks she's a billion times hotter than she really is left me unable to skim more than a couple posts.  Are there any good ones that are actually worth reading?  I guess it's back to scanning the 1st Tri board for haha's.

My Goodreads shelf
    Snjoslin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists
  • I think she's very strange, but I don't bat an eyelash as a naked baby at the beach. If anything the way sand gets into the diaper anyway she's probably wise. I'm more worried about letting the child eat golf course grass since it's known that golf courses are one of the largest environmental blights out there because of all the chemicals.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageinterzone:
    imagehjk5000:

The first part of your post got me excited that I'd have something awesome to laugh about, since I'd never heard of this woman until reading the OP.   Her blog/shrine to herself is quite a let down.  Too many cheesy posed pictures of a woman who thinks she's a billion times hotter than she really is left me unable to skim more than a couple posts.  Are there any good ones that are actually worth reading?  I guess it's back to scanning the 1st Tri board for haha's.

I think I laughed more when she was TTC and pregnant. I'm not a regular reader but she got a ton of reposts on here during that phase. But the whole blog is really just the bolded. She's not funny on purpose or anything.

• imagescatteredtrees:

imageMegispreg:
    Do they just poop and pee in the sand? Like a litter box? 

Who? Mail order brides or babies? 

Pssh, did you miss the about section of her blog where she explains she doesn't poop and her farts smell like cinnabon? Wink

• imagehjk5000:
    imageinterzone:
    imagehjk5000:

I think I laughed more when she was TTC and pregnant. I'm not a regular reader but she got a ton of reposts on here during that phase. But the whole blog is really just the bolded. She's not funny on purpose or anything.

Unintentionally hilarious is definitely what I was after.  I might have to venture over there again, but her "I'm a supermodel" face made me seriously want to snap my iPad in half.

My Goodreads shelf
    Snjoslin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists
  • Pictures of naked babies on the beach are now worthy of clutching our pearls? You guys really have to stop ragging on Selfie, it's getting old.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• imagenosoup4u:
    Pictures of naked babies on the beach are now worthy of clutching our pearls? You guys really have to stop ragging on Selfie, it's getting old.
    This board is bringing out all the crazies tonight. Who are you and why are you here?
  • imageAndrewsgal:
    imagenosoup4u:
    Pictures of naked babies on the beach are now worthy of clutching our pearls? You guys really have to stop ragging on Selfie, it's getting old.
    This board is bringing out all the crazies tonight. Who are you and why are you here?

Oooh, now I have to justify my ability to post here to the three regular posters on the SAHM board? Sounds like a great time.

Selfie hatred is pretty widespread on the Bump, hence my understanding the OP's reference. But carry on, you guys and your insults are hilarious, really.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"