1st Trimester

Very noticeable uterus at 10 weeks

Hello. This is my second pregnancy, and with my first, I showed pretty late. I know you are supposed to show sooner with your second usually, but this seems pretty early. I can't remember when I was able to clearly see and feel my uterus last time, but I know it wasn't this soon. I haven't been feeling for it at all, but today while I was laying down, I looked down and couldn't believe I hadn't noticed it before. The top goes just above my belly button, and the bottom is just above my hips. It feels about the size of a large grapefruit. From what I've read, you would normally maybe only feel it poking out from your pubic bone. But I'd love to hear if any of you are in the same boat! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Very noticeable uterus at 10 weeks

• I'm not there yet but it's normal.  Your uterus knows what to do so it is stretching out sooner.  Also your stomach muscles may be weaker since having your first baby so your uterus isn't being constrained like it was the first go around.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'll give people that a few rare people defy the medical norm and have a uterus slightly above their pubic bone before 12 weeks.  But at 10 weeks with a singleton, I just can't agree that your uterus is above your BELLY button.  It just barely reaches the belly button in double that gestation.  
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • imageelmoali:
    I'll give people that a few rare people defy the medical norm and have a uterus slightly above their pubic bone before 12 weeks.  But at 10 weeks with a singleton, I just can't agree that your uterus is above your BELLY button.  It just barely reaches the belly button in double that gestation.  

It definitely is above my belly button. Just above. I'm talking about the very top, not the highest part. I haven't had an ultrasound, so I don't know if there could be two! 
  • imageelmoali:
    I'll give people that a few rare people defy the medical norm and have a uterus slightly above their pubic bone before 12 weeks.  But at 10 weeks with a singleton, I just can't agree that your uterus is above your BELLY button.  It just barely reaches the belly button in double that gestation.  

This.

Sorry, I'm skeptical. 

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • imagehomebird:

imageelmoali:

This.

Sorry, I'm skeptical. 

That would be a weird thing to lie about. My uterus is tilted, if that makes a difference. 
  • imagemrsmonak:
    imageelmoali:

It definitely is above my belly button. Just above. I'm talking about the very top, not the highest part. I haven't had an ultrasound, so I don't know if there could be two! 

I don't think it's even that high with twins (twin moms?).  In all seriousness, if you are 100% sure that it's above your belly button, I think I'd be making a call to the doctor.  My fear would be that you're really closer to mid pregnancy (which is a big deal if you haven't had an appointment) or, not to freak you out, that there's something else going on like fibroids or SOMETHING.   

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• imageelmoali:
    imagemrsmonak:
    imageelmoali:

I don't think it's even that high with twins (twin moms?).  In all seriousness, if you are 100% sure that it's above your belly button, I think I'd be making a call to the doctor.  My fear would be that you're really closer to mid pregnancy (which is a big deal if you haven't had an appointment) or, not to freak you out, that there's something else going on like fibroids or SOMETHING.   

Definitely not mid pregnancy. It's quite possible that my belly button is lower from my darn loose skin from my first. I don't know. I don't know how much a tilted uterus would affect it. The way I am measuring is running my fingers around until I hit the top, so I'm not saying that you can SEE it above my belly button. Hope that clears something up. Haha. 
  • I'm right there with you and have been since my first appointment and I was 8wks 4days! I didn't show with DD until 28ish weeks, then I immediately popped.

With this one, I've been bloated since 4wks but you've been able to see that nice roundness in my tummy for a little while now... it blows my mind how quick it's happening! Although I'm not quite above my belly button yet...

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• It's not your uterus; it could be something else. OR you're much further along than you thought. Call your doc.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I would call you Dr. and let them know what you are observing and see about getting an appt.  You could possibly be much further then you realize. Or if you are truely only 8 weeks I would be worried about the possiblity of a molar pregnancy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My stomach appears that way too but its bloat or that's what I'm saying anyways. Dh thinks I'm showing already. I'm 11 weeks. Your stomach muscles already know what to do and might just really appear like its your uterus but it could just be bloat. Who knows!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemrsmonak:
    Hello. This is my second pregnancy, and with my first, I showed pretty late. I know you are supposed to show sooner with your second usually, but this seems pretty early. I can't remember when I was able to clearly see and feel my uterus last time, but I know it wasn't this soon. I haven't been feeling for it at all, but today while I was laying down, I looked down and couldn't believe I hadn't noticed it before. The top goes just above my belly button, and the bottom is just above my hips. It feels about the size of a large grapefruit. From what I've read, you would normally maybe only feel it poking out from your pubic bone. But I'd love to hear if any of you are in the same boat! 

The bottom of your uterus is WAY lower than that. 

I thought that I was feeling my uterus earlier than normal. My MW explained that it is just your bowels moving up, and you are feeling your waste. Sorry that isn't very glamorous, but it is the truth.  

Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Thanks, ladies.  Not only did I have a full bladder when I posted this, but I had just finished nursing my son, so that's why it looked so large - it was pushed up from my bladder and contracted from nursing. =P Whew!  Just thought it was weird.  But I felt it again with an empty bladder and an "at rest" uterus, and it feels much more normal.  Still high, like about a fingertip below my belly button, but the bottom feels more normal too.  I have been feeling just fine, so I am sure there is no problem to worry about.  It is most likely on the high side from being my second pregnancy and having a tilted uterus.  It's definitely not bloat, because it is hard, and I remember the feeling from my last pregnancy (although later on!).  And not waste ... lol ;] I'm emptied.  But thanks for your advice and concern! =]
  • I, too, have a tilted uterus and am on my second pregnancy. I'm about 99% sure that you are not feeling your uterus. If it's that high, it's a medical issue and you need to get checked out. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm going to guess you're mistaking abdominal muscles for your uterus. 2nd pregnancy, 7th pregnancy, average uterus, tilted uterus .... it's definitely not above or anywhere near your BB at this point.

*Julie* Wife to Micheal and mama of 5, soon to be 6!* Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"