North Carolina Babies

Moving to North Carolina from Texas

Our family might be moving to North Carolina and I was wondering what type of clothes should I be getting for my daughter if she is use to 85-106 degree weather. Will She be okay with just t-shirts and short/pants or should I get her a few jackets and long sleeves we would be moving til January.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moving to North Carolina from Texas

• Welcome!  I hope that you will love living in NC.  What part of the state will you be living in?  That will make a little bit of a difference as to what weather you can expect, Although a NC winter can be very different year to year or week to week.

I live in the middle of the state and last year we had a pretty warm winter and I think I remember it being in the mid 60's much of January and Februrary.  But I think you should plan that the temps will probably stay in the 40's and 50's.  Add 10 degrees to that if you will be living on the coast and subtract 10 degrees if you will be living in the mountains.

We do typically get at least one snowfall a year but sometimes it's just an couple of inches. 

This year we had a really cold October and everyone I talk to thinks we are going to have a cold winter.  I am hoping for lots of snow!

You will probably want to make sure she has mostly long sleeves and long pants for winter here and a heavy coat wouldn't be a bad idea.  It usually starts warming up in March.    

• Thank you. I think it will be close to the coast some where call Lizard Lick
  • Loading the player...
  • Lizard Lick isn't really close to the coast. It is right outside of Raleigh area. You'll need long pants and long sleeves and a good jacket/coat. A few sweaters would be a good idea as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageiLuvBLS1205:
    Thank you. I think it will be close to the coast some where call Lizard Lick

Lizard Lick is still in Wake County and is just a little crossroads.  It's pretty much in the middle of the state.  I don't live to far from there and I went to high school in Wendell, which is right down the road.  It's a great little small town and Wake County is a great place to raise a family.

• thank all you for the information its will help me a lot i've lived in texas my whole life.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"