April 2011 Moms
Options

Stopped drinking milk!

Just all of a sudden she has refused to drink her milk. Her pedi is not at all concerned, especially since she's a healthy 26 lbs! Anyone else have this issue?

Re: Stopped drinking milk!

• Options

i was wondering about that - DS is almost 30lbs and will only take milk from a bottle...i'm DYING to get rid of them (bottles) but hesitant if he won't take it any other way!

he eats a lot of dairy though (yogurt, cottage cheese) so i'm thinking he'd be okay...

good to know your pedi said it's fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No, Nora drinks milk, but I don't think I'd worry if she cut back or stopped since she eats well and takes a daily vitamin.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

As long as she is eating a balanced diet and getting enough fluids somewhere I wouldn't worry about her cutting out milk.

Edmund goes through phases. Some days he wants nothing but milk and some days he wants nothing to do with it. He's still getting all the things he needs from the food that he is eating and his vitamin. 

My general rule of thumb is that if his pedi isn't concerned I shouldn't be either. I know that doesn't work for some pedis but mine hasn't given me a reason to not trust him. Plus he never led my grandma the wrong direction when she was caring for my sister and I and he was my pedi.

1yearafterHow a year can make such a difference! Formerly Ciaram22Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Genevieve doesn't drink any milk (although we are still nursing). Her FNP isn't concerned because she eats other dairy, drinks plenty of water, and get lots of calcium from other foods.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    Yes. We stopped the bottle two weeks ago and he hasn't had any milk since! I even tried chocolate milk and almond vanilla milk, he's not having it!! So all he drinks is water, a little orange juice and white grape juice. He gets a vitamin too. I hope he starts back up soon!! But honestly I doubt it. 
  • Options
    DS has never liked milk very much. We mentioned it to his doctor but she wasn't worried about it since he loves cheese and yogurt and eats it regularly.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"