2nd Trimester

maternity jeans keep falling down

I bought these jeans with a full belly panel in a size medium a few weeks ago. The size small was too tight in the knees. But now, the panel and the butt area keep sliding down. If I fold the panel down, it gives me bumps and weird lines and I like a more streamlined look. Would a belt help at all? (not for the panel obvs). It's so annoying :( and no, I cant return coz I had them hemmed.
TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary

Re: maternity jeans keep falling down

• Try a belly band until you're bigger.
  • I agree with the belly band.  I am too big now for my regular pants, but maternity pants are HUGE, so I am using a band, which works alright.  I prefer to wear dresses, though, and tend to do so for work.  They provide better camoflague, too, since I am not exactly shouting it out that I am preggo.
    Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesynchrosally:
    Try a belly band until you're bigger.

for my regular jeans?? those dont fit at the thighs anymore. 

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • I never cared for the full panel maternity jeans but especially this early.  I like the demi panel or the woven panel jeans from Old Navy.  I thought they stayed up the best.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageRussianMommy:

imagesynchrosally:
    Try a belly band until you're bigger.

for my regular jeans?? those dont fit at the thighs anymore. 

No. For your mat jeans. They just make them fit a bit tighter.
  • imageMommaG123:
    I never cared for the full panel maternity jeans but especially this early.  I like the demi panel or the woven panel jeans from Old Navy.  I thought they stayed up the best.

I didn't want to buy a lot of mat clothes and we don't have old navy maternity here (yes, i can order online but shipping here is insane) 

• I have the same issue because I still have no hips. I wear a belly panel over them as well as snug tanks underneath my shirts.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• I don't like the full belly panel at all. The under belly one has been the best for me. I can still sleep into my pre pregnancy jeans, but the maternity ones are so much more comfortable. Try gap for maternity jeans. You won't regret it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image18Emily:
    I don't like the full belly panel at all. The under belly one has been the best for me. I can still sleep into my pre pregnancy jeans, but the maternity ones are so much more comfortable. Try gap for maternity jeans. You won't regret it.

dont have gap maternity here. like i said before, even if i order it online, the shipping is insane and not worth it. 

• imageRussianMommy:

image18Emily:
    I don't like the full belly panel at all. The under belly one has been the best for me. I can still sleep into my pre pregnancy jeans, but the maternity ones are so much more comfortable. Try gap for maternity jeans. You won't regret it.

dont have gap maternity here. like i said before, even if i order it online, the shipping is insane and not worth it. 

Then try some second hand stores around.  I found several pairs of demi panel jeans at Goodwill and other "thrift" stores. 

• Try using a belly band to keep them up, and/or just keep them for a little later in your pregnancy. I have some below-the-belly maternity pants by Liz Lange for Target and I love them. They are so comfortable and I have no problem with them sliding down.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • so no one thinks a belt will help?  i dont want to get a bella band.
  • imageRussianMommy:
    so no one thinks a belt will help?  i dont want to get a bella band.

I mean, full panel maternity jeans don't have belt loops do they?  I just don't see how it would help. 

• Your not alone. I wish Target still made the maternity jeans that looked like normal jeans and had belt loops. I wish I never gave them away.
  • I had this problem throughout my entire first pregnancy and it's happening again.  I have all different sizes and brands and they all fall down on me.  I have wider hips but not much of a butt so that could be my problem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • put a belly band over the maternity jeans, also dont ever pull up your pants by the panel
  • I used the Target brand band while I was still wearing my regular jeans.  I don't know if it's the shape of my butt/hips, but I spend more time yanking on the thing than anything because it rolls up all day long.

I still have one pair of work pants that has a lower belly band and my belly isn't quite big enough for it yet.  I have to wear the band with those ones, still, and I dread it because it's annoying.

If you could get a belt to work, I can't imagine it would be very comfortable.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The woman I used to nanny for was pregnant with twins and she wore suspenders under her shirt to keep her pants up.  It was the only thing that worked for her.

• imageMommaG123:

imageRussianMommy:
    so no one thinks a belt will help?  i dont want to get a bella band.

I mean, full panel maternity jeans don't have belt loops do they?  I just don't see how it would help. 

Yes they have belt loops and to everyone else, I don't have a target either
  • OP where are you? What stores do you have around you? I folded down my full panels in the beginning and they were fine around 19 weeks to stay up by themselves. You may just have to suffer it out for a few more weeks.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I have this terrible, terrible problem also. I have no butt, small hips, and no sizes or brands of jeans seem to work!

I finally ordered undergarment suspenders (amazon.com) and they are pretty awesome, though you have to wear them with looser fit tops or you can see the straps. Bella bands also help layered over the maternity jean panel. Bella bands were an absolutely no-regret purchase because If you plan on BF'ing you can also use them for layering to cover a post-partum tummy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"