Two Under 2

Two under 1?

Is anyone else on here not only going to be/already a two under 2 mom, but a two under 1 mom?? If so how old is/was your first when you got pregnant again?

Re: Two under 1?

• My son was born in late September and I found out I was pregnant a little over three months later at the beginning of January.  Mine are three weeks shy (49 weeks) of a year apart.  

Its not all puppies and rainbows, but there are some advantages like having your older child not mobile and still sleeping a lot in the first tri, If you have the same gender, you can easily reuse the clothes, etc.  

• My are 13.5 months apart, so just over a year apart. My 1st was 4.5 months when I got pregnant. Just over 5 months when I got my BFP. 

It's rough but so fun! That first year was really hard. Having my 1st not mobile and still taking 2 naps a day made pregnancy just a but easier.  

• Loading the player...
  • imageMybabyLuv13:
    Is anyone else on here not only going to be/already a two under 2 mom, but a two under 1 mom?? If so how old is/was your first when you got pregnant again?

Hey girly, congrats on baby#2... I am glad you put up this post because I may very well end up in the same boat. I am taking a test in a little less than a week to see if I am pregnant. I have similar symptoms to my 1st pregnancy prior to testing so we shall see! My DD is almost 6 weeks 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I will be a 2u1 mom in May 2013. My newest DS is 4 1/2 months old and I'm 11 weeks pregnant. Was a total surprise for us.

I agree with smerka. Having a LO who takes frequent naps during 1st tri has been a lifesaver. My LO is starting to roll so the mobile part is starting to happen soon for me but I'm almost to 2nd tri so fx that my fatigue goes away soon.

I believe there are quite a few of us right now on this board who are newly pregnant with 2u1 soon or just had there 2nd LO. I'm kinda glad about that. This way I don't feel like I'm the only one going through it.  

SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I wasn't quite a 2u1 mom but only missed it by a few weeks. I found out when my son was 4.5 months that I was expecting again and my daughter was born when he was 12.5 months old. I really enjoyed the whole experience--from getting a lot of rest in my second pregnancy to how close they are as toddlers now. It's been a really fun (albeit tough at times) ride.

GL and congrats to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My little girl is 4 months old, born July 3rd (due on the first), and I just took a HPT yesterday and found out im pregnant, again.  I'm 5 weeks along and baby #2 is due on the same date as my LO but a year later.  No doubt they will be just under a year apart.  It's crazy to think about and I'm overwhelmed, but I know we will be able to handle it.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Mine will end up being 11 mths apart!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagenataliekristin:

imageMybabyLuv13:

Hey girly, congrats on baby#2... I am glad you put up this post because I may very well end up in the same boat. I am taking a test in a little less than a week to see if I am pregnant. I have similar symptoms to my 1st pregnancy prior to testing so we shall see! My DD is almost 6 weeks 

OMG I wasn't even getting that close to DH that early on... pretty sure you are not supposed to even have sex until 6 weeks! WOW!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekerischrader:
    imagenataliekristin:

imageMybabyLuv13:

OMG I wasn't even getting that close to DH that early on... pretty sure you are not supposed to even have sex until 6 weeks! WOW!

Doc gave the green light at 4 weeks, I also had a fast healthy recovery and feel great. That explains the sex part, not the pregnancy part... Not the smartest esp because the body needs time to go back to normal in more than a handful of ways. My sex drive was crazy high after birth, no clue why (sorry if tmi)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenataliekristin:
    imagekerischrader:
    imagenataliekristin:

imageMybabyLuv13:

Doc gave the green light at 4 weeks, I also had a fast healthy recovery and feel great. That explains the sex part, not the pregnancy part... Not the smartest esp because the body needs time to go back to normal in more than a handful of ways. My sex drive was crazy high after birth, no clue why (sorry if tmi)

HAHA, not TMI... I was the opposite until after weaning DS. I mean we had sex.... but my drive was GONE! It came back though :) I would hear the Moms that would be like.... OMG I can't get enough of it! I was thinking.. OMG DH get away, HAHA!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am very possibly going to be a two-under-1 mom.  In fact my due date for my current pregnancy is my daughter's first birthday!  She was three months old when I got pregnant this time around and my husband and I found out earlier this week.  She's four months old now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
  • ha yeah I kind of figured it won't be "all puppies and rainbows", but I also knew there would be a few advantages! Glad to see there are others who have done it and are having somewhat positive experiences!
  • I'm glad that people describe it as fun. I think it will mostly benefit the kids since they will have a play mate! And that's what I was thinking, it might be easier to be pregnant again now versus when she is around 2 because she still naps often and isn't mobile yet. 
  • Thank you! And if you do happen to get a BFP then congrats to you as well! Let me know what happens when you test!
  • I'm glad it was an experience that you enjoyed! It gives me a little encouragement when I see positive responses from parents who have been there done that. I am excited to be on this journey of having 2 under 1! Thank you :)
  • Wow, we are like almost in the exact same situation then! But I am about 7 weeks along and baby 1 was born July 18th and this EDD is June 23rd (will know more for certain after the ultrasound though). It definitely is and will be crazy! But I agree, we can do this! It's nice to know we aren't alone!
  • Wow that is pretty funny that you will have the same due date! Congrats to you guys! Pretty close to my current situation as well!
  • Ok, I have to apologize...I din't realize until after I replied to everyone's post that in order to attach my comment to yours I have to hit "quote" instead of "reply" so now no one knows who I was talking to :/ I feel stupid now, obviously Im new on here! so forgive me for all of the now random replies! Maybe you can somehow figure out by what I said which one was meant for you :P lol
  • My girls are 11 months apart. The pregnancy for #2 was rough, but I was able to rest a lot. Dd1 took 2 naps a day, didn't crawl until 10 months old. The first few months were a blur. It is great now. They play together, they have fun together, they hug each other. It is really great to watch them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • DS1 and DS2 are just under a year apart (9 days shy).  I am also in the same situation with DS2 and baby #3.  DS1 will be 2 on 11/18, DS2 will be 1 on 11/9, and I am due with baby #3 11/23, but was early with both of my boys.

It can be very busy, but it is wonderful having them so close.  They are starting to be great friends!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageranda0880:
    My girls are 11 months apart. The pregnancy for #2 was rough, but I was able to rest a lot. Dd1 took 2 naps a day, didn't crawl until 10 months old. The first few months were a blur. It is great now. They play together, they have fun together, they hug each other. It is really great to watch them.

mine will be 11 months apart as well. I'm glad I will be getting the benefit of a napping first child! Yeah I have even heard that that first year with them is a blur. I am looking forward to  them being play mates like you mentioned though! That seems to be a major upside to this whole situation according to everyone here!

• imageVitnicki83:

DS1 and DS2 are just under a year apart (9 days shy).  I am also in the same situation with DS2 and baby #3.  DS1 will be 2 on 11/18, DS2 will be 1 on 11/9, and I am due with baby #3 11/23, but was early with both of my boys.

It can be very busy, but it is wonderful having them so close.  They are starting to be great friends!

Wow thats craziness there! Did you want the 3rd close again because of having a good experience with the other two being close? Congrats to you by the way! 

• My first was born Sept 19th, found out I was preggo in January. I actually figured out I conceived on Christmas, so she was just a little over 3 months. 2 was born on Sept 5th, so for exactly 2 weeks I had 2 under 1. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS was born January 7th, 2012 and Im due with DD on January 31, 2013.

Im terrified but excited!
    Im pretty sure Im going to be overly sleep deprived. Im actually terrified of not being able to function. We have no family close to us..legit states away. Were in FL.. in laws are in CT and UT!
    This pregnancy has been very easy compared to DS. I was super sick with my first pregnancy. My biggest fear is trying to keep both children happy and fed, a happy husband and clean home.And still take care of myself. Eeeeek!

So glad to see there are lots of 2 under 1 (or close to) mamas out there!!!

image     image  image
       Maverick James 01.07.2012                  * Married 01.23.2010 *                     Harper Skye 01.24.2013

• imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    Mine will end up being 11 mths apart!

So will mine! I was incredibly nervous when I found out that I was pregnant with our second baby but now we can't wait! My daughter is also 7 months and I'm due exactly a month earlier than when she was born but next year! :) How did you feel when you found out you were expecting another LO? What things did you do to prepare for 2 under 1?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"