3rd Trimester

Anyone have a frank breech baby flip before delivery?

I'm only 29 weeks, and I know there's plenty of time for him to flip. However, he hasn't moved from this position the entire pregnancy and he's already measuring 4 pounds. He's also measured consistently 2 weeks ahead the whole pregnancy.Just wondering what other women have experienced:) Thanks!

Re: Anyone have a frank breech baby flip before delivery?

• Not personally, but my good friend did.  Her baby was big (over 9 lbs. at birth), was breech during most, if not all, of her third trimester.  She declined having a version done and surprisingly he flipped on his own at 39 weeks despite being huge!
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Good to hear! I'm 37 weeks and trying everything to get my little girl to flip from frank breech. 
  • Loading the player...
  • DS2 was breech until 37 weeks and flipped on his own.  I was set to have midwife try to turn him between week 38 & 39.  This time baby #3 is transverse and I am going next week at 37 weeks for position check (please turn baby!) and if still transverse they will set up appt to try to turn at 39 weeks.
  • imageemilyfrancis:
    Good to hear! I'm 37 weeks and trying everything to get my little girl to flip from frank breech. 

This is me with my son. Little stinker! Anyone not know their baby bad flipped? I keep trying to figure out his position based on movement but I can't notice any changes. Here's hoping! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My friend did when she was almost full term and he was over 7 lbs at birth.

• I'm 32 weeks and had an ultrasound yesterday where they told me she is still not turned. They said as far along as I am now I will def know when she decides to flip bc it will be pretty uncomfortable.
  • Someone in my prenatal yoga class was 39 weeks and schedule for C-section on wednesday.   Baby flipped on Sunday night and was told when she went to the OB on Monday that he had flipped.   She did not feel him flip

• At 29 weeks you still have lots of time.

My baby didn't flip until week 34, and my MW couldn't tell for sure until 36 weeks. They would have scheduled a version for 37 weeks if she hadn't flipped.

I definately felt her flip though.... she did it at night and when I woke up the next morning my entire stomach felt like I had been punched repeatedly all night long.  I was sore and tender for 2-3 days afterwards.

• Mine was frank breech until 35 weeks then has flipped back and forth it seems every other week. 

He had been head down at my 37 week appt. but at my 38 week appt. had turned breech again.  Had my 39 week appt today and he was back to head down so we didn't have to worry about doing a version!!  I am hoping the little stinker will stop flipping and get engaged for go time!  He isn't exactly small either they guess his weight to be at 8 pounds today and he has long legs.

I didn't do anything special except the exercises on spinning babies.  I also didn't really feel him turn so I was super surprised both last week and today!

Andrew (7), Ethan (3), and #3 coming Nov! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"