Baby Names

Julie Ann or Julia Ann?

Ann is my mother's middle name and I love the name Julie or Julia.

I feel as though Julia Ann trips up the mouth. Especially since our last name has 4 syllables and a long A in the first syllable.

But, does Julie Ann, remind you too much of julienne, like in cooking? 

Edit: I would also be open to a middle name that begins with "T" as my first name starts with "J" and DH's starts with "T" , but I am not sure there is a viable option, there....

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Julie Ann or Julia Ann?

• my preference would be Julie Anna
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Even though I think Julia is more popular and well-liked these days, I've always preferred Julie for its simplicity and sophistication.

But I think that Julie Ann sounds a lot like the name Julianne when said aloud. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Both sound so close, that you should just use the one you like best.  The family meaning overrides the flow IMO.  Personally I think Julie is a tad outdated, Julia is a classic, but you can always use nn Jules to make it sound different.
  • Would you consider Juliet Ann?  (I was Juliet Anne until I got married and changed my middle name, which is why it came immediately to mind.)  The consonant at the end of the first name keeps the FN and MN from running together.  If you say both names together, it will sound like Julianne, although that's not really a big deal, and I don't object to the name Julianne because it sounds like julienne or on any other basis.  I guess in short I think any variant of Julie is fine, I'm just throwing another possibility out there.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • imagesimplein06:
    my preference would be Julie Anna

This!

• I like Julia Ann or Juliet Ann.
  • Of the two, I prefer Julia Ann.  

What about using Julianne with a T mn?

Julianne...

Tess, Talia, Toby, Taylor, Trista 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I agree that Julia Ann is a mouthful, although I prefer Julia over Julie.

I like Julianne with a MN better than Julie Ann.

• Between the two, I like Julie Ann.
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• I think Julia Ann runs together too much - like Jewel-Yan, or even mroe like Julienne.  For that reason I like Julie Ann better.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecapulet:
    Would you consider Juliet Ann?nbsp; I was Juliet Anne until I got married and changed my middle name, which is why it came immediately to mind.nbsp; The consonant at the end of the first name keeps the FN and MN from running together.nbsp; If you say both names together, it will sound like Julianne, although that's not really a big deal, and I don't object to the name Julianne because it sounds like julienne or on any other basis.nbsp; I guess in short I think any variant of Julie is fine, I'm just throwing another possibility out there.

I was thinking the same thing. My MIL is Juliette and goes by Julie so you could call her Julie. I think Julie Ann sounds like Julian and Julia Ann doesn't flow as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I've actually thought about this for our little girl! Her middle name will be Ann, and I do love Julie/Julia.

Julie Ann does flow better, but to me it sounds like a full name that was split to be two separate names (like Emma Lee... Why not just go with Emily?!) It has a more southern vibe to it.

I think I do prefer Julia to Julie, and even though it doesn't flow SUPER nicely with Ann, unless you're planning on calling her 'Julia Ann' frequently, it won't matter too much. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My choice would be Julianna, though I don't see it as an option here.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I prefer Julie Ann but it sounds like just one name when you say it
  • My niece is named Julia Ann and it is a bit of a mouthful. She is named for my in laws - Anne and Julian hence Julia Ann. Of course, she's only 5 months old and they are already calling her JuJu for short (not a fan!). I personally like Julie Ann better but I love my niece no matter what her name is!
  • imageMissHoppy:
    Even though I think Julia is more popular and wellliked these days, I've always preferred Julie for its simplicity and sophistication.But I think that Julie Ann sounds a lot like the name Julianne when said aloud.nbsp;

This. Plus:
    Umm... I don't know...
    Julie Teresa? Julie Tullulah? Julie
    ...man! T middle names for girls are hard! Good luck! C:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"