Infertility

Multiple beta threads updates

Maybe I am the only one feeling this way but seeing multiple posts with betas, ultrasounds, updates and I'm moving onto PAIF posts can be hurtful.
I don't think there are any 'rules' about it, but what do people think about posting this info under their original thread? That way we can easily view and support fellow bumpies progress without the multiple threads.
Again, I hope for nothing but success for all of us and I am truly excited to see most women on this board are successful. However, I am only speaking for myself, but it is also very difficult for me to see Beta 1, 2 3, ultrasound results, Moving onto PAIF, ect.
This is especially hard for me after a failed cycle because I feel like I would be having exciting ultrasounds and moving onto PAIF if my cycle hadn't failed.
Not a big deal to me either way, it's just been on my mind lately and I wasn't sure what others thoughts were.
Good luck ladies!!

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

Re: Multiple beta threads updates

• I personally don't mind seeing the beta updates. Yes, I do get a little glum at times thinking about how my post was a BFN announcement and I'm still here struggling. But then I remember all the times that the beta posters have struggled and posted their BFNs. Not to mention the worry they have over whether they are doubling etc... We have built relationships here so they are looking to share their excitement as well as still get support over their worries.

I do see your point though. I'm not saying that I think you are wrong, I just don't feel the same way. 

Also, my one question to your proposal: will updating the old thread bump it up to the top as if it is a new thread? Or will I have to scroll back pages and pages to find their first beta post to check for an update? Cause I wouldn't like that at all...  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Good question, I have no idea how that would work. Just wanted to have the discussion.

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• I'm fairly new here, but lurked for quite a while prior to posting and I understand exactly where you are coming from, but to be honest the beta post(s) give me that hope that nothing else has....we are all very different and handle IF very differently, but personally seeing someone who has a similar diagnosis as ours post that they are pregnant is exactly what I need somedays!  If I'm not in the mood one day to see someones beta I ignore the post.

Cutie- I don't think that the posts are bounced up when updated.

Me- 32, DH- 32- TTC for 4 Years
    IUIs 1-6 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP- M/C
    FET- Beta#1: 69, #2: 482, #3: 1088, #4: 28,318, Ultrasound- 1 beautiful heartbeat
    It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• There is a mini-board that's missing and that's the spot between IF and PAIF.

It is very hard to post confidently on PAIF and I know that many women don't post there until after their first ultrasound or after their 3rd beta. Unfortunately there can be a no-man's land that exists in the most nervewracking time of a pregnancy - it can last a week or many many weeks. There is no good place on the bump to get support during this time.

Since I've experienced this myself, I don't have a strong opinion.

I will say this board has been different lately in having peeps post their first u/s and 3rd beta resulta. It wasn't the case when I first got here.

BzeetyD = 38, Mr. BzeetyD = 44 together 12/02 married 9/08
    TTC #1 since 1/10
    DX: Unexplained/??? MFI issues

Our lil' lost sparks:
    5w3d loss 7/30/10 - EDD March 2011
    8w loss 4/15/11 - EDD November 2011
    8w3d loss 8/2/12 - EDD March 2013
    4w c/p loss 10/29/12 - EDD July 2013

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.
    RPL testing all normal, Karyotyping normal

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
    IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
    FET 5/31/13 of 1 4AA blast - thawed and expanded. 4dp5dt BFP.
    Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14
    We are so in love with her.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • imageBzeetyD:

There is a mini-board that's missing and that's the spot between IF and PAIF.

It is very hard to post confidently on PAIF and I know that many women don't post there until after their first ultrasound or after their 3rd beta. Unfortunately there can be a no-man's land that exists in the most nervewracking time of a pregnancy - it can last a week or many many weeks. There is no good place on the bump to get support during this time.

I will say this board has been different lately in having peeps post their first u/s and 3rd beta resulta. It wasn't the case when I first got here.

I totally agree with this, especially the no-mans land comment, it's hard to decide where they should post. I sometimes feel hope when I see that people are able to move on and they had success, but at the same time, this is an IF board and it stings when you're struggling and you see so many others moving on, not saying that I'm not happy for them at all, just saying it stings. I'm kind of in-between on this, not going to be a stickler and zing someone for posting a 2nd or 3rd beta or moving on post (I'll always congratulate them), but it does hurt a bit.

Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • I love seeing the beta updates! Personally, they give me hope that IVF/IUI does work!

Keep posting my positive sistas!
    Trying to become a Single Mother By Choice! 9/4/12 ER - 2 eggs, neither fertilized 10/17/12 ER 2 eggs, one immature one fertilized, 2 day transfer on 10/19/12
  • imageasilwhite:
    imageBzeetyD:

There is a mini-board that's missing and that's the spot between IF and PAIF.

I totally agree with this, especially the no-mans land comment, it's hard to decide where they should post. I sometimes feel hope when I see that people are able to move on and they had success, but at the same time, this is an IF board and it stings when you're struggling and you see so many others moving on, not saying that I'm not happy for them at all, just saying it stings. I'm kind of in-between on this, not going to be a stickler and zing someone for posting a 2nd or 3rd beta or moving on post (I'll always congratulate them), but it does hurt a bit.

I'm in the same place as you are on this.

TTC #1 since 1/10

Our lil' lost sparks:

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
    IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
    Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • imageMamaGigi80:
    I love seeing the beta updates! Personally, they give me hope that IVF/IUI does work!

I'm with you.  I really enjoy seeing people's updates as it does give me hope and I've followed a lot of these people through their whole cycle (or many cycles) so I want to see how they're doing.  I almost wish more people would come back and post their first u/s results as well, especially since we don't have a grad check-in on this board.  I'm always curious how many people see multiples.

I have loved to see how supportive everyone is here on this board with the posts of multiplie beta results and sometimes even u/s results so I hope it keeps up.

Me: 43 DH: 39 - AMA, DOR
    Mommy to Sami (IVF), Born 8.30.13
    Surprise non-assisted BFP - 12.29.2014, Beta 1 = 322, Beta 2 = 760
    EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Oh god no, personally, I would never call someone out on posting any of this!

It is very true about the in between time, it's the worst and I've been there. It's very important these ladies feel welcome and supported.

• imageJuicy71:

imageMamaGigi80:
    I love seeing the beta updates! Personally, they give me hope that IVF/IUI does work!

I'm with you.  I really enjoy seeing people's updates as it does give me hope and I've followed a lot of these people through their whole cycle (or many cycles) so I want to see how they're doing.  I almost wish more people would come back and post their first u/s results as well, especially since we don't have a grad check-in on this board.  I'm always curious how many people see multiples.

I have loved to see how supportive everyone is here on this board with the posts of multiplie beta results and sometimes even u/s results so I hope it keeps up.

Is there a reason there isn't a grad check-in? I think this might be a solution for the multiple beta posts if that's the consensus. People can post those results in the grad posts and then people can come back and update on u/s etc. This would also be a warning for those who don't want to see the updates that they don't have to click in that post. Thoughts?? 

Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • I personally love to see the beta updates, but I realize everyone is different. It gives me hope every time I see one of us with those doubling betas! 
    Me: 37, DH: 38: ttc 7 years, dx: unknown
    10/11: after 2 years, saw a RE, FSH 5.4
    11/11: BFP! (surprise after thyroid & normal hsg),
    12/11: missed m/c after 7 week u/s, 1/12: D&C
    6/12 IUI#1-IUI #3: clomid = BFP!, C/P
    IVF #1(10/12) FSH 5.4, AFC: 16 long Lupron, 5R/5M/4F, all 4 made it to 5dt, 1 blast/1-8 cell transferred=BFN
    IVF #2(12/12)AFC 21, MD lupron, 4R/4M/3F, 5dt of 1 blast and 2-8cell. BFN.
    IVF#3(4/13) Natural start antagon protocol, 12R,11F. one PGS normal at day 6 transfer. BFN.
    IVF#4 (11/13) C.CRM (ODW.U normal 8/13 Still no Diagnosis) EPP/antagonist. ER 13R/7M/6F. Only 1 made it to freeze. Abnormal. Looking into options of DE, Fresh vs frozen.
    10/14 new local RE to look into what's next. CD3 FSH 4.7, AMH 0.9. Met with DE agencies and exploring options for feb/march 2015.
    Surprise natural bfp (4 days before donor is signed). Beta #1 at 9dpo: 51.8, 2nd beta: 195 (25 hours doubling) @11dpo. 3rd beta (12/15): 516 (35 hrs doubling) 4th beta(12/17): 895 (58 hours doubling) 5th beta(12/19): 2120. U/S at 5w0d(12/22): one gestational sac with yolk sac. U/S #2 (6w0d)12/29. One little bean measuring 6w0d with HR 124. 3rd u/s(1/4)7w0d: baby measuring 7w2d. HR 134. 3/30: A/S at MFM went great except for low lying placenta. Verifi results are normal! Team Blue! Please send any positive thoughts our way! EDD:8/24/2015
    Baby Will born 8/18. He's perfect.
  • imageCutieGirlLissie:

Also, my one question to your proposal: will updating the old thread bump it up to the top as if it is a new thread? Or will I have to scroll back pages and pages to find their first beta post to check for an update? Cause I wouldn't like that at all...  

My viewing preference is set to "Last Post Date" in "Descending" order, so that older posts rise to the top when someone posts in them.

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imageasilwhite:
    imageJuicy71:

imageMamaGigi80:

Is there a reason there isn't a grad check-in? I think this might be a solution for the multiple beta posts if that's the consensus. People can post those results in the grad posts and then people can come back and update on u/s etc. This would also be a warning for those who don't want to see the updates that they don't have to click in that post. Thoughts?? 

Hmm, now I like that idea a lot! I would love to hear updates and follow many ladies through their pregnany. It will be marked, so if anyone is having a particularly difficult day, you can just skip it. My reference to multiple betas was more the 3+, not 1 and 2.

~TTC#1 Since July 2011~ 
    Dx: Fibroids & Tubal Infertility
                                                        9/12 -IVF#1 =BFN; 5/14 -IVF#2=BFP:-) EDD 2.19.2015                                                

S/PAIF Welcome 

imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• I completely understand both sides! I think we should def. have a grad check in day, which would help maybe. Personally, I don't mind the Beta posts, as I know so much can happen even after that 1st beta. I would say though that if is is an issue with most, maybe we can do like someone mentioned 3T and list BFP, and then update that. Plus with having grad check in you won't miss anyone. I can see how it could get awkard after a couple of posts.

It sucked more seeing my name in the BFN column, to be honest. I felt like I should have a dunce cap on lol. All kidding aside, I tend to be optimistic so a lot of these ladies I have watched them get dx and to see them get a happy ending is nice. IDK this one is tough.

Married BF 6/29/2002/
    TTC Since Aug 2011/
    ME:34 all clear/DH:41 DX Severe MFI/
    IVF w/ICSI OCT 2012 Stims started 10/8/ER 10/19/12/ET 10/24/Beta#1 11/2=BFN (beta was 1.2)

IVF 2.0-Baseline 11/7/12 beta 0/All Clear
    Stim start 11/7/12//ER 11/19 11M//10F
    ET 2 embies 11/24//Beta#1 28 Beta #2 23 Beta#3 29
    stop meds Beta#4 37/C/P 5W5D EDD:8/12/13/IVF#3 in Jan

Ivf 3-frozen 3 poor 3day/fet=bfn

Ivf#4 New dr. New protocol=beta1 197 beta#2 677 beta#3 1557
     u/s 8/13 =TWINS 2 strong hb
    Due Date 4/4/14

My Chart//>

• I can really see where the original poster is coming from.  That said, I don't really think it is my place to comment on what people can or can't post.  If I know something is going to bother or upset me, I just don't open it.

I'm pretty sure that I am now in the midst of a chemical pregnancy from a second donor cycle right now, so not much gives me hope.  For alot of ladies, DE is the "last resort" treatment in the process, and even that can't work for me. I can see how posts of success might for ladies earlier on in the process, however.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• I completely agree with you, and I've been wanting to say the same thing for a while!!!!  I'm most definitely supportive of those moving onto PAIF, but IMHO the multiple beta posts have gotten a little out of control lately. I remember when I was on 3T, their policy is to have one BFP post and I much prefer that, personally. Maybe even one BFP post and then one beta post even, but four posts about beta progress and ultrasound seems like a little much.

I don't think that someone neccessarily has to stop posting on IF once they get their BFP and aren't ready to move onto PAIF, because I know there are a lot of anxieties that come after the BFP, but I just don't think they need to create multiple posts about their progress.

Maybe we can do a IF board check-in if ladies would like to keep tabs on those who are pregnant, like 3T and IFV does?

TTC #1 since Oct 2009, Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    HSG: Right tube all clear, left tube inconclusive
    3 failed Clomid Cylces
    4/5 lap revealed blocked left tube, but right tube is open
    April/May- 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #1= CANCELLED left ovary ovulating
    June 1- 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #1 = BFN
    June 28- 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #2 =BFP!
    7/12 Beta #1= 14 Beta #2= >5 Chemical Pregnancy :(
    July-Nov long break to recover emotionally and financially
    Nov 24- 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #3= BFN
    Jan 22- Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI# 4 = CANCELLED no response on right
    IVF #1- Start stims 4/7, ER 4/20, 21R, 14F, 6 frosties, ET 4/25, 2 embryos transferred= BFN :(
    FET #1- June 2012, Lurpon starts 5/27- CANCELLED
    FET #1 take 2- August 2012, delayed until Sept-CANCELLED
    FET #1 take 3- ET 10/11, 2 embryos transferred,= BFFN
    FET #2- Transfer 12/4--Cancelled, no embies survived thaw :(
    Next steps-- IVF #2 with new RE in March
    HOLY SURPRISE BFP 2/15/13!!!! Beta 1- 286, Beta 2- 782, First Ultrasound 2/25- baby in uterus & all looks good!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Personally I do not feel comfortable moving to the PAIF until I see the heartbeat. Just because betas are rising doesn't mean you will have a successful pregnancy.  I would hate to make an intro and then have something go wrong at the us.   

That being said I had planned on sharing my 2nd beta results and that was it. If there was an issue after that I would come for support but I remember how I felt after my failed cycle and how bad it stung.  I do think that it has gotten a little ridiculous on 3 or more beta posts, and us post, and a goodbye post.  I feel that if people wanted to follow me they could lurk on PAIF. 

After reading this I will not post my 2nd beta results as I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings.  I truly hope that everyone gets their positive beta soon.

TTC#1 since April 2011
    IVF#1 July 2012 5R, 3 made it to blast, sET c/p
    FET#1 Aug 2012 2 blasts transferred BFN
    IVF#2 Oct 2012
    16R/6M/6F/2-8 cell grade 1 transfer
    Beta 1-237.9, Beta 2-566, Beta 3-8657
    US 6w3d shows one baby w/ HB 115
    US 7w1d no more heartbeat/ D&C 11/30/12 normal karyotype
    IVF#3 Mar 2013
    6R/4M/4F 1 compacting and 2-8 cell transfer
    ectopic pg MTX given 3 month break from TTC

IVF#4 Sept 2013--BFN
    IVF#5-7 Apr 2014, Jun 2014 and Aug 2014 banking embryos for CCS testing. Praying for normals! Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

http://i61.tinypic.com/34zll06
  • I have been on both side...

1st IVF ending in a Chemical Pregnancy

2nd IVF ending in a positive (currently).

IMO I enjoy seeing the 1st and 2nd Beeta numbers being posted....Dealing with Infertility for over 3 years I love being able to support people when they get Negative ands Postivies.  We are suppose to support each other through ALL parts of this VERY difficult journey.  I have learned SOOOOO much over the last 3 years from each and every one of you Ladies! 

Main problem I have with some Positve posts are the drive bys....

Me: 31, DH: 37, TTC #1 since 06/09, dx: Endometriosis diagnosed by Dr during ER
    02/10-low progesterone on 21 day bloodwork (5.2); on hold due to cyst
    04/2010-9/2010 6 failed Clomid cycles with TI (unmonitored)=BFN 4/10 SA= perfect
    8/10-HSG all clear
    9/10-started seeing RE
    10/10-Femara + TI= BFN
    11/2010 through 2/2011 IUI #1-3 Femara + Ovidrel=BFN
    03/2011 through 8/2011 BREAK CYCLES (had 8 babyshower to go to, house remodel, 30th b-day and College Graduation)
    9/2011-Started back to RE, waiting on cycle due to it being late, and work travel had to hold off IUI #4 till 10/2011
    10/2011- IUI #4 on hold due to cyst, 2 weeks BCP
    11/2011- IUI #4 (11-21-2011?) Femara + Follistim + Ovidrel=Converted over to T.I. (NO Trigger) due to too many follicles=BFN
    3 cysts due to follistim cycle
    January 2012=IVF #1 cancelled and converted to IUI #4 due to dominant follicles=BFNN
    IVF 1.2=??? on hold due to cysts, on hold w/o B.C. till they resolve
    br> Aug 2012 IVF 1.2, cyst aspiration 8/7, ER8/16, Dr found Endometriosis in Left tube during ER ER:7, Fert 5, 5DT scheduled 8/21/2012, transfered 2 Blasts, hpt + 8/28/2012, beta 8/31/2012-BFP -21(chemical pregnancy
    IVF #2 October 2012
    ER 10/13/2012, 6R,5M,3F
    10/15/12 ET:3dt 2 embies
    +HPT 6dp 3dt.
    1st beta 10/29/12 Positive 13dp 3dt=654
    2nd Beta: 10/31/2012: 1,836
    3rd beta 11/5/2012 (20dp 3dt:13,655
    1st u/s 11/12/12 TWINS!!! 2nd u/s 11/26/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageBellaLux:
    imageasilwhite:
    imageJuicy71:

imageMamaGigi80:

Hmm, now I like that idea a lot! I would love to hear updates and follow many ladies through their pregnany. It will be marked, so if anyone is having a particularly difficult day, you can just skip it. My reference to multiple betas was more the 3+, not 1 and 2.

BIG thumbs up to a grad check in!!!!

This would give the ladies in limbo a spot to feel they can post, those who have moved on to still show support and I think give those who want to find hope in other's stories.

GREAT IDEA!!!

Is someone willing to head this up? Maybe a recent well-known grad?

TTC #1 since 1/10

Our lil' lost sparks:

Moving on to IVF.

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • I know this is just an open discussion but my opinions seem to be a little different than what was shared above. So I thought I would share.

I feel like the more rules we have the more unwelcoming this board will be and if we're going to lend support it should be for the whole journey. Just because someone is able to achieve the ultimate goal of a BFP doesn't mean they should feel like they are going to get the boot asap. 

I get that some days are sh!ttier than others, and some days you just can't bear to hear about others successes. The majority of us are not sharing such preliminary information like BFPs and U/S in real life so where would we be able to share it?

• Good point, don't want this board to be unwelcoming or unsupportive in any way.

Do others feel that updates on an original thread takes away from the excitement/celebration in all of it? I ask because I felt it might be a place to keep posting how things are progressing and allow fellow bumpies to continue to offer support.
    Again, whatever is ultimately decided is totally fine with me and should be what is agreed upon to be best for the members of this board.

• imageMrsGlitteryHooks:

I know this is just an open discussion but my opinions seem to be a little different than what was shared above. So I thought I would share.

I feel like the more rules we have the more unwelcoming this board will be and if we're going to lend support it should be for the whole journey. Just because someone is able to achieve the ultimate goal of a BFP doesn't mean they should feel like they are going to get the boot asap. 

I get that some days are sh!ttier than others, and some days you just can't bear to hear about others successes. The majority of us are not sharing such preliminary information like BFPs and U/S in real life so where would we be able to share it?

I totally agree and couldn't have worded it better. This board has literally been a life saver for me over the last 6 months. I can't even put into words how I feel about each and every one of you ladies and I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have you all to talk to.

I know nothing has been decided but I'm already feeling like the rules are piling up and it's overwhelming to be honest. My beta is tomorrow. Is it ok for me to post if it's a BFN because that won't be hurtful for anyone? But if it's a BFP am I to just cold turkey leave you guys, literally my only IF family,  and move over to PAIF? There's been a lot of talk today about people feeling out of place and not knowing where they belong and I get that. But I think by putting so many restrictions on what people can and can't post it is only creating more people who feel displaced. Just my humble opinion... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"