Pittsburgh Babies
Options

Birthing at St. Clair Hospital

I toured the birthing wing at St. Clair. The hospital seems to be clean, friendly, and meet standard safety requirements (I work at Children's Hospital). Does anyone have any experience giving birth there, though? Anything you would have changed?

TTC: 5/14/11 BFP: 10/4/12 MC: 10/25/12

Re: Birthing at St. Clair Hospital

• Options
    This is my first child.  I am 5 weeks now and plan to deliver at St. Clair.  My husband works as a paramedic and said he wanted me to deliver in St. Clair or West Penn.  My mother gave birth to both of us at St. Clair in the 80's and had a great experience.  Then my niece was also born in St. Clair 4 years ago and her mother also reported having a great experience. I am excited to also deliver there.
  • Options
    I had my daughter at Magee, but my sister was at St. Clair and she was more than happy with them. Nice huge rooms and when my nephew had to stay extra days due to being jaundice they let her stay in the hospital with him! So she was there for an entire week. Normally after your 3 days for a c-section the mother has to leave. Sorry I don't know more details, I know she said if she has a 2nd she will go back there.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my 2nd at St Clair and looking forward to having our third there.  They were awesome!  The nurses were nice and helpful and the room was HUGE!  I actually got to stay in the room I delivered in, if they needed the room they would have put me in a regular room.  There were 11 babies in the nursery.  I left with a ton of diapers, wipes, pacifiers and formula- so make friends with your nurses.  The one we had the most was Candy, she was there through my whole labor/delivery- very nice and helpful!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I plan on delivering there also.  I think it will be a relief not to have to go downtown!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hello! I had my first baby at St Clair and loved it there! The rooms are huge and you stay in the same room your entire stay rather than being moved to a post partum unit. Also, the nurses are so great as well as the lactation consultant! I had a great stay and am excited to deliver there again next summer! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"