Military Families

Just need to know it'll be okay...

Hi ya'll! My husband and I are both in the Air Force and stationed on the complete opposite side of the country from our families. We just found out we are expecting!!!! WOOO! YAY! We truly are excited and feel so blessed that this has happened!! But I cannot hide how overwhelmed I am. I am due July 16th. Unfortunately, I've never had good timing. My husband is deploying in the spring and won't be back til early Fall. I'll be in the delivery room with no one by my side. I can't help but tear up at the thought of not having him by my side, and him missing our first baby's birth. Have any of you gone through this?? Also, how do you cope with having a baby, but being so far from your family as far as your parents and what not? 

**Edited to take out months** 

Amanda & David Sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First came L.O.V.E, Then came MaRRiaGe, Then came the BABY in the baby carriage! ~*(July 16th, 2013)*~

Re: Just need to know it'll be okay...

• I should have checked this board first - I responded to you over on 1st tri.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• When I was pregnant with my first my boyfriend had deployment in may and I had our son in july. And he didnt come home until mid October. It was really hard cause I didnt have family around, but what got me through it was the FRG from his ship. Those wives became my family and a few of them were there when I had our son. My family was only 8hrs away but none of us ever had the time to make the trip to see one another. But once I had my son, my parents asked me to move home until my boyfriend came home, that way I would have help since I was a first time mom. 

PM me if you want to talk more.  :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DH was there for the births of our kids, but our family and friends are 1000 miles away. Honestly, for me, I preferred not to have people there. I don't mind the visits after, but it gave me a chance to bond with my kids without having family members competing for time. It also made me rely on myself more. It was sink or swim,and I certainly wasn't going to sink with a little human. You'll get through it and be fine.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Here is the link I mentioned in my response on 1st tri - it's Operation Special Delivery. Free doulas for women whose husbands are deployed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageladybugpjb:
    Here is the link I mentioned in my response on 1st tri - it's Operation Special Delivery. Free doulas for women whose husbands are deployed.
    I second this! I have a friend going through the same thing and I told her about this program, she got a doula through it and is so grateful she isn't going to be alone. GL to you :)
  • we also were a military family, and birthed my son by myself my husband was in Germany, I was relay upset even crying as I was giving birth. Then someone brought a computer and I was able to show him his son. As sad as it is seeing him tear up at the sight of us made me feel better. Latter I saw a concealer that said something that made a lot of since. I wasn't happy he was crying I was happy he missed me as much as I missed him. Even though I knew that I needed to feel it. After that I made arrangements with some of the support groups in my area and started scrapbooking this way I could make the most of our conversations on the computer, phone, and getting caught up when he got back.
  • I'm going through this now. We're actually driving me to his mother's house now so that when he leaves in a few weeks I'll be with someone. I got a doula through OSD and highly recommend looking into it! Message me if you need someone to talk to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"