Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Britax Pavilion Harness Too Tight - Help!

We got the new Pavilion and I can barely fit DS in it with the new safety straps attaching the HUGS to the shell. I've read Britax's website and watched their video on how to loosen it, but starting to think either I'm just dumb or ours is defective because it DOES NOT loosen. DS barely fits and is 9 mo old. I bought this to be his seat for years to come! Any tips? What am I doing wrong? 
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Britax Pavilion Harness Too Tight - Help!

• Options
    I'm not familiar with that exact model, but usually there is a silver lever under the padding, just below where the buckle is. You're supposed to pull it at the same time as pulling the straps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageMrsLele:
    I'm not familiar with that exact model, but usually there is a silver lever under the padding, just below where the buckle is. You're supposed to pull it at the same time as pulling the straps.

Doesn't work. Site says to hold silver release and pull chest clip, but just doesn't loosen since HUGS are attached to shell with this model ... Unless I'm missing something. Thanks for the reply tho!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsLele is correct, you have to lift up the silver lever on some models, others you have to press down towards the back of the silver lever. While doing that, pull out the harness.
  • Options
    I have this car seat. Push the silver lever and pull harness. That should work. If it doesn't I would contact Britax ASAP
  • Options
    Hi - I am having the exact same problem. I am pulling up on the silver button/lever, and pulling just the top straps (since the chest pads are tethered to the smaller strap underneath) - but they don't come out far at all. I tried to put my 1 year old in the seat today with his coat on, and i couldn't even get his arms through the straps, let alone get it buckled because the straps were too tight. I am so frustrated. Anyone have any ideas?
  • Options

I was having this issue before I read the manual. Once I read it, and followed the directions, I haven't had any issues. I pull up on the lever, and then pull out on the chest clip itself and not the straps.

For the prior poster, please make sure you aren't trying to put your LO in the car seat in a big winter coat. That is a no no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNGT9eBL_gg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"