C-sections

2 + C-sections

For those of you who have had 2 + c-sections, was the recovery easier the 2nd (+)  time around or about the same?

Re: 2 + C-sections

• For me, it was about the same. I was different though because I did not go into labor with DS1, and I did have to labor with DS2 (went into labor before my RCS and had to wait until 8 am). From what I have heard, RCS is much better without labor. I'm hoping that is the case .
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My RCS was AMAZING compared to my ECS. I knew what to expect and that getting up as much as it hurt was the way to get to go home where I could actually start healing!! I was only hospitalized for 48 hours after my RCS. Hoping for the same or better recovery this time!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • They've all been the same. I will say that this last one (my 4th) was my easiest recovery. BUT, I credit that to working out throughout my PG and keeping fit. It really helped me.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • RCS was 10x easier than the first. I was more relaxed because I hadn't been in labor for what seemed like forever and I was prepared. I knew what to do because of my experiences with the first so it went a lot smoother. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Emotionally it was much easier b/c I had emer c/s with first, but physically the recovery was the same for mine. 
  • Thank you ladies, I appreciate your feedback.

• my 3rd csection wasnt easier then my 2nd.. and my first was easy as pie..   but my 3rd i was discharged after 24 hours because my 1 year old was flown to NICU with two collapsed lungs at 35 weeks.  SO because she was born during field work time.. My husband would drive me over there for the first week and pick me up it was a 30 min drive.  but then it was getting so late that i didn't have any rest hardly, and i started driving myself after 1 week.. It was hard for me to get around and i just walked 

my 2nd csection i had to be cut back open, because it got infected so i head to heal from the inside out, and that took 6 months.. DH had to pack my entire incision with gauze and then put a big  bandage over it so it would stay clean. was a nightmare!  but my 3rd csection was better then the 2nd.

• Both of mine were pretty easy recoveries.  My RCS might actually have been harder, but that's because I left the hospital after two days (as opposed to four with DD) and did more afterwards.  I do wish I'd stayed in the hospital an extra day, because I think I pushed myself too hard after I got home, but overall it wasn't bad.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • My first c/s was easy but a nightmare.  It was only a nightmare b/c it was emergency and I was drugged pretty heavily due to being emergency (he was stuck and heart rate dropped).  I was in GREAT shape tho and so recovery was a breeze.  Second c/s I was out of shape and recovery was twice as long.  Which is why I'm dreading this c/s (#3) b/c I'm not in as good as shape again and I am dreading the recovery :(  

I think every person's experience with their c/s is differant, it all depends on their body.  If you do choose another c/s I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery!!! 

Pregnancy Ticker image image image
  • I had three equally great recoveries.  My third was probably the easiest, but with all three I felt pretty normal by the time we left the hospital.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"