Maryland Babies

Confession

I totally just scavenged food from one of the office fridges. Embarrassed  It's been so busy today that I totally forgot to eat.  At 10:30 I realized I was starving with no food, no small change for the vending machine and nowhere near the energy or time to hike over to the Galleria and try to order something from Cheesecake Factory. 

I opened one of the office fridges and there was this boxed lunch just sitting there!!  And it was vegetarian!  A small pasta salad, chips and dessert.  I think I heard angels singing...

Now I'm sitting here waiting for another document turn and polishing off a pretty decent cookie.  I hope the Patron Saint of Overworked Pregnant Ladies will pull for my forgiveness.

lovelylittleworld
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d

Re: Confession

• It sounds to me like the Pateon Saint of OPL is the one who put it there for you!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Did you take someone else's lunch or had it been there for awhile?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • LOL, this reminds me of the Ecard I saw that had the guy in a tie sitting there looking pensive and said "There's this new trend in the office of naming food. Today I had a tuna sandwich named Kevin"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have a rule at my work that nothing should be left overnight or it will get thrown away. It controls the chaos :) I think that if it was a box lunch, it may have just been left from something.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imageanonsouthernbell:
    Did you take someone else's lunch or had it been there for awhile?

10:30 PM on a Friday night - so I'm thinking the collateral damage was minimal.  It would have been pretty nasty by Monday morning. ;)  In any case, it was one of those pre-fab boxed lunches from corporate events, found in one of the big fridges in the general cafeteria, not where someone would put a personal stash...so I think the harm I inflicted was minimal.

In any case, I'm grateful it was there!  I ended up being there until 2 and then making the hour drive home, so whoever left it there unknowingly saved me.

lovelylittleworld
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • you need a desk stash!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageKathrynMD:

you need a desk stash!

No joke.

lovelylittleworld