Single Parents
Options

custody and ohio....

So I think my STBex is going to make this journey difficult. I think he is going to try to get joint custody, and thinks he wont have to pay CS. He has shown little interest in seeing DS the month I've been moved out. He also says he can tell the judge that my mother is "unfit" to care for my son. This is not true but hes got me worried. Any advice?!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: custody and ohio....

• Options

I'm pretty sure that if he says something in court, he has to sow proof of his claims. Especially saying something like that. I would document literally everything he says and does regarding your DS so that you can counter his wild claims in court. I'm going through similar behavior from my BD. He hasn't had much contact with me since I moved out, and he's been threatening to walk out on his still unborn son over the baby's name of all things. He even has the mistaken idea that I need his SSN to get anything from child support. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    photo 9df49095-cf0f-4192-a338-7695f445291a_zps876ddeb4.jpg
  • Options
    I do know that in ohio joint custody or shared parenting just means that both parents have a say in the legal and medical aspects of a child's care. It has nothing to do with how much time a child spends with either parent or child support. As far as your mom, I would sincerely doubt that any judge would just take those kinds of accusations at face value. Do you have an attorney?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagealli2672:
    I do know that in ohio joint custody or shared parenting just means that both parents have a say in the legal and medical aspects of a child's care. It has nothing to do with how much time a child spends with either parent or child support. As far as your mom, I would sincerely doubt that any judge would just take those kinds of accusations at face value. Do you have an attorney?

yes I do have an attorney. I havent had a chance to talk to her about this specific situation yet. I have recorded a couple of my conversations with STBX. I listened back and found one where he spent several minutes dogging my mom, butttttt says "now I do trust her with my son.....". Having this is a big relief.

• Options
    That recorded convo will be like gold in court. If you have anything else to help back you up- fb msgs, emails, texts, print them- make sure they are dated, and make your lawyer aware of them. My XH made sooo many threats to me about what he would bring up in court and I was terrified. Just having evidence will hopefully keep you reassured. I asked for sole legal & physical custody. The legal custody (making medical decisions, school decisions, etc.) was less worrysome than physical, but if you have any reason to believe he might take advantage of having joint custody in either, make sure your lawyer knows why. YUCK. court sucks. I"m so sorry :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"