Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Ectopic Surgery misdiagnosed now oblighted ovum

I found out I was pregnant at the beginning of October. I had no cramping, bleeding or unusual things happen to me from the time we found out to the time I went into my dr's appointment at 7.5 weeks. 

I went in for a vaginal ultrasound to hear a heart beat and all we could see on the screen was an empty pocket and a large mass up by my ovary. So the dr ordered bloodwork. This all happened on the 24th of Oct. that evening my dr called and said my hcg levels were at 8600 so they should have seen a baby in that empty sac, so I was rushed into surgery on the 25th because they figured I had a ectopic pregnancy.

So after the surgery I have been feeling very sore and crampy but was just happy to get this whole ordeal over so we can start trying again. Then I went for my follow up appointment on the 30th of Oct and I had blood work done to make sure my levels were going down and she wanted to ultrasound me to make sure that sac she suspected was blood had moved on out. But what she found was the sac had grown larger and had a solid white lining. She was confused and said we'll wait for my blood work.

Bloodwork came back and my hcg levels went up not down so now they are thinking I have a blighted ovum. So now the whole ectopic surgery wasnt really necessary and im still healing from that. Now i have to decide if i want surgery to help pass this oblighted ovum if that is in fact what i have. Hoping to hear back from my dr tomorrow. It's been an emotional roller coaster. Has anyone else been through this or know of anyone who has. I feel lost.

Re: Ectopic Surgery misdiagnosed now oblighted ovum

• I have not been thru what you are experiencing. I just wanted to say I'm very sorry you are having to go thru so much in this difficult time :(
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I'm so sorry for all your going through. I had an ectopic back in 2011 that required surgery and the removal of my right tube. What I don't understand is how the doctors did a surgery but didn't realize they didn't remove a baby. What exactly did they remove then? I can't imagine the emotional pain all this is causing you.
    TTC since June 2010 6/17/2011 9wks-ectopic pregnancy resulted in loss of right tube BFP #2 5/12/2012 M/C 5/15/2012 BFP #3 7/30/2012 M/C 8/16/2012 BFP #4 10/3/2012 M/C 10/15/2012 12/19/12 All RPL testing came back normal. Husband's testing is normal too. Back to the starting point TTC our rainbow baby! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I"m so sorry you are going through this. I was told I had a blighted ovum in May of this year. That was the first miscarriage I had. I tried to pass it with the help of cytotec but it didn't work. It was a lot of pain emotional and physical and I ended up having to have surgery anyway. After going through that experience there is no way  I would want to try to do it naturally again. That's why this time I chose to go ahead and do the d&c so I could be done with it and get on the path to healing sooner. 

I would be so confused if I were in your shoes too. If they had a surgery to remove an ectopic pregnancy I would wonder what on earth they removed if that wasn't it. I'd definitely have a long conversation with my doctor about that. I'm sorry =( 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
  • Oh, wow. I am so sorry you've had to go through this. Hoping you get some resolution soon.

I am so sorry for your loss.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• I am would be incredibly angry and full of emotions! I dont know how they could have missed a baby growing inside your uterus? *hugs* I am so so sorry. I hope they you get some answers and are able to start healing and grieving.
    Married my very own GI Joe May 2002

BFP May 2002  NMC June 2002
    BFP September 2002 ID twins born April 2003 @ 35 weeks
    BFP September 2007 DD born May 2008
    BFP August 2012 MC October 2012
    BFP January 2012 DD October 2013

I MISS MY TICKER :(

• imagebubbilicousgirl:
    I'm so sorry for all your going through. I had an ectopic back in 2011 that required surgery and the removal of my right tube. What I don't understand is how the doctors did a surgery but didn't realize they didn't remove a baby. What exactly did they remove then? I can't imagine the emotional pain all this is causing you.

I agree, what did they remove. I'm so sorry you are going through this. 

Happily married to my Airman since 2004.
    BFP #1 - 3/06/08 - EDD, 11/6/08 - DD born 11/06/08! Ariana Brielle
    BFP #2 - 9/27/12 - EDD, 6/05/13 - Natural MC @6w6d, 10/16/12.
    BFP #3 - 1/6/13 - EDD 9/08/13 - Please be our rainbow baby!
    photo pgalsept_zps0a0d558f.jpg
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • They didn't get my pathology report back when I wrote that last post so I was really confused. But what they removed from my ovary was Dicidualized Stroma which they thought was the pregnancy in my Ovary. But because my levels didn't drop and weren't increasing like a normal pregnancy they said the sac in my uterus wasn't a blood clot it was the blighted ovum. I took 3 doses of Misoprostol starting friday and I passed the sac and placenta yesterday morning. I go in for a check up and blood work in a week so make sure I passed everything and my levels are coming down. So i'm hoping that this will be the end of the little bump in the road. I'm emotionally and physically exhausted from this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"