Food Allergy

Frustrated... supply and/or letdown issues, allergy related (LONG)

BFing was going great until the green, mucousy poo showed up (saw blood 3 times, has microscopic blood).  I gave up dairy Oct. 4 and dairy + soy Oct. 14.  I was so intent on making this work.  I figured out what to eat, we started cooking, I was determined!  About the time I gave up soy my son started flailing around while nursing, coming off all the time.  I noticed I wasn't feeling the pins and needles anymore.  I figured my let-down reflex wasn't working, but why?  I let this go on too long and he is not gaining weight like he should (it's been a couple of weeks now).  During this time he is pooping less, diaper rash gone, and we're seeing mustard poo again.  I'm optimistic that the diet change finally worked, but now I have a supply or let-down issue!  Ugh!  I have done everything right.  Then yesterday my older son, husband and I all got a stomach virus!  I could barely move much less feed my kid.  I cracked open the bottle of Alimentum.  :(  I have an appointment with the lactation consultant on Friday (needed time to recover).  And I go back to work a week from tomorrow.  It's all falling apart and I DID the hard part, I made the diet change.  Is stress messing me up?  I didn't think I was that stressed.  Well, mid-month we also had something bad happen financially, so that stressed me out, too.  Just needed to vent.  I thought if I could fix the diet I would be set.

Re: Frustrated... supply and/or letdown issues, allergy related (LONG)

• It could def be the stress. Drink LOTS of water, eat some oatmeal for bfast, and do lots of skin to skin. Hopefully you will see your supply return. 

GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you.  I've tried oatmeal but it grosses me out.  I can't choke much of it down,  so I started making oatmeal cookies but they came out weird, all spongy-like.  I've made lots of other cookies just fine so I don't know what the deal was with that.  Plus I puked so much of them up in the stomach virus that I can't even look at those cookies.  Now I'm going to try some supplements the lactation consultant suggested.  I hope my supply will perk back up and that my son doesn't get too spoiled with bottles before the.  He hasn't been gaining much weight so I feel like I have to do the bottles of pumped milk for his own health.  :-/   But I'm not giving up.  I'm adding soy-free peanut butter to my diet.  I need more protein.  I'm also going to eat some more normal bread even though it has soybean oil.  I just can't go on like this.  We'll see what happens.  Meanwhile, my husband went out to eat by himself because I can't.  :-P

• Loading the player...
  • I too did the dairy elimination and when I thought I needed a boost I tried some of the herbal lactation teas with GREAT success!!  Like 2 cups of tea and my boobs were ready to burst a day later.  Most grocery stores carry them if not with the teas they can be found in the health food aisles.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"