Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Food help please

We have a foster son who is almost 10 month old. We have had him about a month. I cannot get him to eat any finger foods. I see the reports from daycare and they seem to have no problem but if we try he chokes or pretends to choke. He just wants to eat purees. I am going to check with daycare to see what they are doing different.

What are your easy go to finger foods? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Food help please

• Options
    The first thing we tried with DD was puffs.  After that we did avocado.  She still gags and barfs, but she can eat mini waffles/pancakes, strawberries, cottage cheese, string cheese, bananas & pur?es.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options

Keep in mind that mine has been on finger foods since 6 months, but some of the first I sent in with him to daycare for them to try with him was avocado and mango.  For both  I actually leave the peel on, except a small area on either end of a slice to give him something to hold - he scraped the meat off with his gums.

Sticks of meat (pork, chicken, steak) were an early first favorite.  He loved to suck the juices off, even before he was swallowing.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS does pretty good with grapes -  Just make sure to cut them up into tiny pieces (about 6 pieces each grape). Also, canned green beans cut up a little bit are perfect - easy to grab and soft. I found some organic ones that are low sodium.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Beans, any kind, DD loves them all.  He's not really choking, by him doing that it's a good thing he's learning to use that natural reflex that will prevent him from really choking.  DD will do that when she stuffs her face like a chipmink, but she also does a fake one for the attention, we ignore it and she stops ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"