Adoption
Options

Potential Final Week with Foster Kids

We found out yesterday that it is very probable that our foster kids will be moving home next week.  We heard rumors about this last week, which came as a HUGE shock to us.  Yesterday, we had a meeting with many people involved in the case and now understand how the decision was made and actually are excited for the positive movement of the case.

Since nothing is final until after our court date next week, the boys have no clue that this potential move could happen so quickly.  I'm struggling with how to spend our last Friday/weekend/evening/etc.  Do we throw caution to the wind and spoil them as much as possible?  Or do we continue with our routine since the judge may not think the move is best for them? 

If you were in this situation, what would you make sure that you did?  Besides steal as many extra snuggles as you can get.  I feel like since we are in the situation, I'm not able to think of those sentimental things that I might regret not doing in our last week together.

In case it makes any difference, there is VERY little chance that we will ever seen the boys again.  We will be able to send presents/letters through the social worker for a while (6 months maybe).  But once the case is closed, our contact with them will probably be nonexistent.

Re: Potential Final Week with Foster Kids

• Options
    No advice, but what wonderful news for the boys.  I am sure your heart is breaking a bit, but it is what you signed up for.  What a blessing you have been for them.  Enjoy the weekend.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options

You are amazing- I just have to say that.  The way you put the children's best interest first is so inspiring. 

If it were me I would do my best to pass on a blessing to the children; do something fun and make the weekend about showing them how wonderful you think they are.  Write each one a letter and read it over their favorite meal.  Do something that will make it easy for you to praise them and show them how talented they are.  I would want the legacy of our time together to be something that builds their self worth and makes them proud of who they are. 

Praying you revel in those kids this weekend! 

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
    SA February 2011: Normal
    RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
    Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
    Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would do something special but still stay on schedule. This is foster care and you know as soon as you do a blow out weekend and they get all off schedule something will change.Can you make some picture albums for them to take with them?

I am glad to hear that you guys are comfortable with them going home. I know you have said before they are not forever kids but it will still be hard I am sure.  You have done such a great job advocating for those kids.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I was also going to suggest some kind of photo book! If they stay with you, you can always add to it.

Good luck with whatever happens,  I am sure the uncertainty is not easy!

Adoption Blog Updated 2/15
  • Options
    I'm happy that they are making positive movement, but I'm a little sorry because I know this can't be easy.  I like PPs advice to try and do a little bit of a treat but keep them on schedule more or less so they can hopefully stay on an even keel.  Take care of yourself and enjoy them this weekend (( Hugs ))

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"