June 2011 Moms

What books are your LO's loving right now?

I'm always looking for some new additions to DD's book collection! What books are your LO's enjoying these days? Mine currently loves any of books from the Five Little Monkeys collection and she also loves several of the books by Eric Carle - especially A House for Hermit Crab and Pancakes, Pancakes!
BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
Married: Feb 2008
DD: June 2011
TTC# 2: April 2014
BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)

Re: What books are your LO's loving right now?

• Hands-down favorite is Beetle Bop by Denise Fleming. Also, Hands, Hands, Fingers, Thumb by Al Perkins and anything by Maurice Sendak.

peace,
    katharine

Book-Kitten blog

• DD loves Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, flap books, Eric Carle books, and has always loved her Fisher Price "Our Animal Friends".  
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DD LOVES the lift-the-flap books, like "Where is baby's belly button" and "Where is baby's pumpkin?" Also loves The Hungry Caterpillar and Llama Llama Zip! I think I can recite those all from memory :) 
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• They love books that have photos of animals in them. Their favorites are O is for Orca, and 123 Moose.

They also like books with photos of babies like Baby Talk.

• Anything br Sandra Boynton!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DD has always loved "Dear Zoo"a  lift flap book. She also likes "Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do you See". It has sliding 'doors' that reveal the next animal. She seems to be loving the interactive books right now! She has also always loved her Bright Baby Books. It's a 4 pack set: Trucks, First Words, Colors and Animals.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagevaligrl21:
    DD LOVES the lift-the-flap books, like "Where is baby's belly button" and "Where is baby's pumpkin?"  

DD's absolute favorite book is "Where is baby's belly button."  She will lift her shirt every time and show you her belly button.

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • forgot to mention the Gossie and Gertie series. I think its by Olivia Dunrea
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• His favorites are Dear Zoo, Brown Bear, Are You My Mother? and pretty much any Sandra Boynton, 

He also loves several French books we have.  

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
  • She right now she likes The Runaway Bunny and The Night-Night Book.
  • Llama Llama Red Pajama! It sounds so sing song that she sways her head as we read it.
  • DS is really into books with pictures of animals or every day things.  He points at each object and says "dat" and we are expected to tell him what it is.  He really likes his trucks picture book.  I'm not sure where he got that from, I'm fairly bored by trucks, so it hasn't been something that we have pushed! He does like the 5 little monkey song.  He puts his hands on his head when the monkey bumps his head and he loves to waive his finger and say his version of no more monkeys jumping on the bed (sounds like no mo mon)!

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Honestly she loves anything that she can turn the pages herself.  She loves reading and brings me about 50 books a day from her bookshelf to read.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • His current obsession is I love you, stinky face.
    The Blog - Parenting: Uncensored

Photos from Libby Hilf Photography

imageimage

Jake - 1.15.08
    Liam - 5.17.11
  • imageaetg:
    Anything br Sandra Boynton!

Us too! Her current favorite is Bath Time. It floats and squeaks!

• Goodnight, Moon is still a consistent request in our house.
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

• imageegpitt22:
    His current obsession is I love you, stinky face.

My little guy LOVES this one as well!

• Llama llama, the Karen Katz flap books, the Sandra Boynton books, Todd Parr's Otto books, and all of the Dr. Seuss classics (Green Eggs and Ham, Cat in the Hat, Dr. Brown, etc.).  She also loves any book featuring Elmo!

BabyFruit Ticker 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"