Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

If you have had a D and C before...

This is my first D and C and I am just trying to get an idea of when I might have a period. It has been 3 and a half weeks sinces the procedure. Should it come when my period normally would?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you have had a D and C before...

• Options

When I had my first d&c I got my first AF exactly 4 weeks later. I've been lucky that my body has always been like clock work every 4 weeks give or take a day. From different stories I've read about other women going through this, there have been a lot of women who didn't get their AF for longer than that though. I would say it might depend on how long your cycles were before getting pregnant and how regular you were before. I guess my body treated the d&c as if it were a period since I immediately went back to normal. I'm hoping this time is the same. I don't think I would worry about the length of time until it hits longer than 6 weeks, I would probably ask my doctor after that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
  • Options
    imagekmichln:
    When I had my first damp;c I got my first AF exactly 4 weeks later. I've been lucky that my body has always been like clock work every 4 weeks give or take a day. From different stories I've read about other women going through this, there have been a lot of women who didn't get their AF for longer than that though. I would say it might depend on how long your cycles were before getting pregnant and how regular you were before. I guess my body treated the damp;c as if it were a period since I immediately went back to normal. I'm hoping this time is the same. I don't think I would worry about the length of time until it hits longer than 6 weeks, I would probably ask my doctor after that.

Thanks for sharing. My cycles have always been pretty regular so hopefully I will have a period soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I hope so for you too. I was afraid it would never come back or take forever. I actually googled it and then it showed up the next day after I googled. lol

I don't think I have ever been happy to have a period before then.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
  • Options

I had my D&C on 9/21, and I still do not have AF yet :( I was always regular 28 days never a day late. So I'm quite puzzled.. when I went for a check up on Oct 15, the Dr said he could feel me ovulating. (I didn't know they could feel that?lol) he said to expect a period in 2 weeks..  I'm still waiting UGH!!!

I hope yours comes sooner, it's such a tough wait!!  

Eat Sleep DanceimageBabyFruit Ticker BFP 12/10/2012 - Strong numbers and baby HB 169!
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss.

After my DnC it took me 5 weeks to get AF.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Took me 6 weeks
    Said goodbye 5/30/12 @10wks. 5/18/12 hb strong, 5/26/12 no hb Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

After my last d&c Af came 30 days later. I think taking up to 6 weeks is "normal" though.

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

imagedaynakako:
    This is my first D and C and I am just trying to get an idea of when I might have a period. It has been 3 and a half weeks sinces the procedure. Should it come when my period normally would?

4-6 weeks from the day you get the D&c.

however mine was 13 weeks post d n c

• Options

I recently had my 3rd d&c.  At around 28 days after I had a week of spotting but I haven't had a full blown period yet. 

I don't remember how it was with first two.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"