January 2013 Moms
Options

Are you a member of the Itchy Titty Committee?

I am! My boobs itch so badly and I can't figure out why. When they were growing earlier in the pregnancy they ached and they don't ache at all now, they just itch like crazy! Could it be a different kind of growth or something?

I thought it could be me growing out of the bigger bras that I've bought (yikes) but they itch after showers when I'm wearing no bra.

I use Bert's Bee's Mama oil at night after showers and Nieva lotion each morning....still itchy! So I'm pretty sure its not dryness. They are more itchy in on the bottoms and toward the middle (OMG, sorry so graphic!)

Can anyone lend any advice on my itchy situ? TIA.

Re: Are you a member of the Itchy Titty Committee?

• Options

Haahaa I am so a member of this club!  It was absolutely unbearable for a while.  My abdomen itched some too but my tatas were the worst.  I was covered in lotion and cocoa butter at all times! 

I told my OB who checked my liver enzymes (to make sure it was not liver or gallbladder related) which it wasn't and I ended up using Cortizone Cream on them when I slept to try and get some relief.  They actually are feeling better lately. 

Good luck and you are not alone! :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A couple weeks ago I kept thinking I had a tag or something in my bra. I couldn't figure out what was causing the itchy feeling. A couple of days later... Stretch mark :/ 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh yeah, lol. Shea butter is my friend!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    ME!  Hydrocotisone works great.  I actually was getting a rash under my boob-bras are getting tight and the underwires are not helping.  I've just made sure to take them off at home and wear sports bras at home as much as possible.  They need some air up in there!
  • Options
    I actually ended up breaking out in eczema all over my boobs. Faaaantastic. It also cropped up in between 3 of my fingers on one hand - talk about the most awkward and PIA spots for a rash! I ended up going to a dermatologist and got prescription ointment, which I cleared with my OB, and I have been much better since.
    Ashley Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

YES!

Same spot (bottoms). I take nightly baths in an oatmeal mixture by aveeno. It seems to help my skin not feel so dry and itchy, and it does wonders for the cankles. :)

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"