Baby Showers

Cloth Diapering Moms

If you put cloth diapers on your registry, did you get any at your shower? I feel like this is one of the things we would love to get the most, but aren't as fun as other things.. so I was just curious as to any other CD'ers out there got cloth diapers at their shower? 

Re: Cloth Diapering Moms

• I put a starter pack of infant Bummis prefolds with covers, liners, wetbag and the whole thing. 5 of my girlfriends went in on it. That was the only CD thing I put on my registry.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I put individual diapers on. But I'm thinking if someone wants to buy a $20-25 shower gift, one diaper is probably not going to be their first choice of things to buy haha.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it depends on your audience. I CD, so when I see them on others' registries, that's what I go for.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Probably not. I did register for my smaller friends shower at the Green Baby store in my town, and nobody bought anything from there. It's possible because they were all individual pieces, whereas the gift at my bigger shower was a set with a larger price tag so they did it together as a group. Plus my best friend and hostess was in on that gift as well so she knew I really wanted/needed it and got the girls together on it.

Some people don't feel comfortable buying something if they don't know anything about it. Even if you lay it out for them and basically say "this is what I want" they'd rather buy what they know or have experience with. Some people asked me what I wanted and out of the options I gave them 1 was usually CD related and none of those people gave CD related gifts; they gave bottles or bed sheets, or whatever else I had asked for they were more familiar with.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I just went to a shower where the mtb received lots of cloth diapering gear and gift certificates to a local cd store and service.

I think it just depends on your guests.  We put the CD stuff on our registry (Amazon) so that we can use the completion coupon to purchase them if we need to.

Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • I received some of the accessories but no actual diapers. Go figure.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I did not.  And I was specifically *asked* to add them to the registry so people would know what exactly I was looking for.  But no one bought them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I tried CDing my oldest (they didn't have the variety they have now) and I did get a couple.  I also got a diaper service for 3 months.  Too bad the CDs gave her a horrible rash!  Tried everything suggested from the doctor, friends who CD, family but nothing would stop the rash she woke up with (she STTN from birth).  I gave up after 3 months.  It might be a good idea to start out with a small number and if all is OK just buy some more.
  • I got a few diaper covers off my registry at my first shower. At both showers cloth diapers were quite the discussion topic and the covers I received/had at my house were passed around since so many people had never seen modern cloth diapers. My friends did make me a beautiful cloth diaper cake out of prefolds and diaper liners. :-)
  • I did a separate cloth diaper registry through Abbys Lane. My mom and a couple of friends who CD bought off of it. I ended up with about 24 prefolds, a few fitteds, some covers, some snappis, and some fleece liners. It was also nice for me to have to know what I needed to buy and it was still open at Christmas so when my mom and MIL bought her stuff off of it for the holidays. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I put them on both registries but got none. I actually got talked down to on them at my shower...people said I was nuts for doing it and they gave me a month before I would give up. Almost 5 months now and I have no desire to EVER quit! I did end up getting some money later as a gift from my mom's bf to buy some so I guess that could count :) I mostly bought my diapers myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"